Broken Promises • Iguro Obanai

【21•11•2020】

『3 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   ➤ 𝙄𝙜𝙪𝙧𝙤 𝙊𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙞 × 𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣!𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧
   ➤ 𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩
   ➤ 𝙁𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥
   ➤ 𝙊𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙞 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨
   ➤ 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝, 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 (?)
   ➤ 𝗦𝗵𝗲/𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

『𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜  ~  𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙤』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 • 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙪𝙪 𝙈𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙤
   00:01 ●━━━━━━─────── 1:00 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

A soft humming was heard, followed by the shuffling of the wooden door sliding open. A pair of iconic [favourite colour] socks gingerly stepped inside the dimly lit cell.

[Y/N] stopped humming and furrowed her brows at the sight presented to her. The previously brought trays of food remained untouched and Obanai hid himself in a corner of the room as usual. A sigh escaped from [Y/N]'s lips, she expected it to be the usual sight but that doesn't make it any less depressing. It hurt her to see her cousin locked up in a cell like this.

"Hey, you have to eat. Please don't starve yourself." [Y/N] sighed again before gently setting down the tray of food she held and left the jail cell.

The moment [Y/N] was out of sight, Obanai scrambled towards the tray of food she brought in and lifted up the bowl of rice, revealing a neatly folded letter and a few stalks of wisterias.

He unfolded the letter and began to read it. The faint light that shone in through the gaps of his cell bars did not make the optimal light source but nonetheless it did the job. Reading the letter was his priority.

"Dear Obanai,
I hope you're eating your meals, you have to eat something. I recently went out, I picked a few wisterias for you. The wisteria trees were beautiful, they're in season right now. I promise once I get you out I will bring you there to witness their beauty with your very own eyes. Hang in there.
Your's truly
[Y/N]"

[Y/N]'s letters were the only things that gave Obanai hope. Hope that he would be able to escape this hellish place.

Obanai picked up the stalks of wisteria and held them up to his nose, inhaling the faint sweet smell. Kaburamaru snaked around Obanai's arm, flicking out its tongue and admiring the wisterias too.

Oddly enough, Obanai didn't hold any resentment against [Y/N]. After all, [Y/N] was the only one that truly cared for him. Every single day, she managed to give him a letter without fail.

It proved to be a tough task, the only time she got to see him was when she brought him food. Other than that, all interactions with him were banned. Who knew what would happen to her if she were to be caught by the others. Or worse, the serpent demon herself, the one who caused him all this misery in the first place. Obanai touched the scar that spread across his lips. He cursed at the painful memory of his very own family sliting open his mouth and offering his blood to the serpent demon. The satisfied gaze that the serpent demon offered him haunted his nightmare. No matter how hard he tried, her sadistic yellow eyes always taunted him.