Nightmares • Shinazugawa Sanemi

【30•11•2020】

『3 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   ➤ 𝙎𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙯𝙪𝙜𝙖𝙬𝙖 𝙎𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙞 × 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧
   ➤ 𝙁𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 (?)
   ➤ 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙧 𝙎𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙞 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨
   ➤ 𝗦𝗵𝗲/𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

『𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜  ~  𝙗𝙜𝙢』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   𝙁𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣 (𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧) • 𝙉𝙖𝙙𝙡𝙞𝙞𝙬
   00:01 ●━━━━━━─────── 1:00 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Soft rays of moonlight gently caressed the scars on his face, each one treated and highlighted in its own unique way.

Sanemi groaned and rubbed his weary eyes.

The nightmares came back. Nightmares of his mother.

He sat on the engawa outside his room, enjoying the hushed ambience of the night. The sole sounds throughout that night were the cicadas chirping and water trickling.

Suddenly, the peaceful atmosphere was disrupted by a set of shuffling and slight creaks.

"Did I wake you up?" Sanemi asked, turning towards the kneeling figure next to him.

"No," [Y/N] said softly while she gently sat next to him, the engawa they sat on slightly creaked from the shift in weight.

"Is it about those nightmares?"

"…Yea"

Without another word [Y/N] started to tenderly stroke Sanemi's hair. Every time she did this it seemed to set him as ease.

"It's my fault," Sanemi mumbled while he buried his face into the palm of his hands. "I'm a murderer,"

[Y/N] didn't say anything, she only rubbed his back and ran her fingers through his silky locks.

"I just wanted to keep him safe," Tears streamed down Sanemi's face, choked out sobs escaped from his lips. Forming incoherent sentences and mumbles were the only things he was capable to do at the moment.

Suddenly Sanemi felt a warmth envelop him. A pair of arms wrapped around him, [Y/N]'s hand still stroked and patted his back. Sanemi visibly tensed before reverting back to his relaxed and vulnerable form. His hands shakily returned [Y/N]'s embrace.

"It's not your fault, you're not a murderer," With her hands still threading through his snow-white locks, she cooed into his ears. "You protected them, you had no choice,"

For a short period of time, neither of them spoke, just them finding solace and comfort in each other's embrace. Sanemi buried his head deeper into the crook of [Y/N]'s neck, her silky [hair colour] locks falling over her shoulder.

[Y/N] could feel the increasing dampness on her shoulder. When Sanemi removed his head from her embrace she could notice the visible darkened patches on her [favourite colour] kimono.

"I'm proud of you, you're strong for going through all that"

"…Thank you"

No one would've expected to see the Wind pillar like this. His usual intimidating demeanour turned into a soft and vulnerable one.

Only [Y/N] ever saw this.

And she was the only one that Sanemi trusted enough to witness his moments of tenderness.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

【𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢】
➤ Don't really like this but oh well
➤ Soz it's really short
➤ Feel like I could've done a better job with this so I might delete this at a later date and rewrite it idk
➤ I think I wrote this a while ago and honestly speaking it's kinda shitty-