Caramel Popcorn • Kochou Shinobu

【18•03•2021】

『3 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
➤ 𝗞𝗼𝗰𝗵𝗼𝘂 𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗯𝘂 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
➤ 𝙁𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛
➤ 𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗔𝗨
➤ 𝗦𝗵𝗲/𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

『𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 ~ 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙤』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿 • 𝗦𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗦
00:01 ●━━━━━━─────── 1:00 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[Y/n] sighed as she slumped onto the counter. Underneath her half-lidded eyes were unamused [eye colour] irises. The sweet scent of caramel popcorn swirled around her, leaving behind saccharine butter scent trails.

She didn't bother to make her eyes focus on anything. Instead, her eyes aimlessly wandered around, both seeing everything and nothing at the same time. Coloured blobs which were customers passed by her. [Y/n] didn't need sight to tell that by the rambunctious shouts and giggles they made that the group who passed her was a group of teenagers. The colourful red and yellow blobs faded away, so did the sounds of their chatting. [Y/n] recognized their voices. They were the group of friends that she had checked their tickets a few minutes ago. It was then followed by a heavy slam of a door against the doorframe. They had entered the cinema.

This time a green pink blob stood in front of the counter that [Y/n] sat at. Looking up, her [eye colour] eyes were met with pale violet eyes. [Y/n] blinked a few times, refocusing her eyes and gaining back her clear vision. It was then [Y/n] had a good look on the lady. And that she realized the lady was Kanae. She didn't know if it was the lighting but Kanae's eyes seemed to have more notable white sparkles than usual.

"Kanae! How may I help you?" [Y/n] asked as she sat back up and straightened her posture.

"One caramel popcorn please," Kanae replied with a light and gentle voice. Her eyelashes fluttered as she looked downwards and dug out her purse from her bag. "Oh, I'd like to check in my tickets too, please!"

[Y/n] nodded, shovelling scoops of popcorn out from the glass container and into the paper cup. The buttery sheen of the popcorn shimmered under the dim yellow lights. [Y/n] handed Kanae the cup of popcorn and took her ticket out from her hands. A swift ripping sound ensued, one part of the ticket which had 'Admit one' printed on it was in [Y/n]'s palms and the other was returned to Kanae.

"Have a nice movie and enjoy your popcorn." [Y/n] wearily smiled.

"Thanks, say hi to Shinobu for me too!"

[Hair colour] clumps of hair spilt over [Y/n]'s head as slumped back onto the counter. Just as she was about to nod off, an all too familiar voice pricked her ears.

"Ara? Sleeping on the job?" The voice was smooth, similar to the smooth feel of butter on the counter.

[Y/n] turned her head to the side, strands of [hair colour] hair slightly obstructing her view. Purple eyes playfully gazed back at tired [eye colour] ones. Shinobu laid her head in her hands next to [Y/n], mimicking the way [Y/n] slumped on the table. A faint red dusted [Y/n]'s cheeks. Shinobu's lips were really close to her own. Small highlights bounced off of her pink luscious lips. They looked soft. [Y/n] wanted to touch them so badly.