11

Chapter 11

enjoy :)

Avalon's POV

As my hand comes in contact with his cheek, a sense of guilt, shock, and confidence wash over me. What did I just do? He grips his face, and looks up at me with a sadness that makes my heart ache for him.

No. He knows all your secrets and he'll tell everyone, he was using you and now he knows.

He knows.

Dizziness overtakes me as I try to comprehend what is happening. Just as I thought I was going to fall for this jerk, he drops the bomb that shatters my world. Why why why is my life so pointless? Why can't I fall for a guy who is kind and a gentleman, a guy that I will trust with my life. Why did I think that Archer West could be that guy?

"Avalon, I know I deserved that after all I've put you through but-" He pleads. I can't take it anymore, everyone pitying me when they don't know how I really feel. I know that Archer read my private journal, but he doesn't know me. He knows the girl who wrote the journal. He might think he knows me as a person but all he knows is what I put on paper.

"Stop. Just stop, you don't know me! YOu might think you do but you don't you don't know what I go through!" I scream, I know I'm not making sense but the alcohol in my veins isn't helping though.

"Yes, I do. I know about your dad, and your mom and that crazy guy.. what was his name like Herbert or something?" He says, I freeze. My breathing is hard and almost uncontrollable. I never would've thought that anyone would've read my journal and actually care. I know that Archer doesn't but he seems believable at the moment.

"Harold." I whisper so low that I can barely understand what I'm saying. I want him to care, I want him to like me for who I am, but I'm sure in his mind I'm just the girl with blue hair, and nothing more.

"What?" He asks softly, stepping closer to me while cupping his hand over my cheek. It feels so good, I love the way he holds me and actually makes me believe that he could care for me the way I've always wanted to be cared for. I love the way my skin tingles every time it comes in contact with his. I can feel the goosebumps rising on my skin already.

"The man's name is Harold." I whisper this time with more volume. I'm glad that its probably close to 12 and that the party is still going on, even though the loud music is still piercing through and giving me a major headache.

"That's the man who-" He begins, anger clearly rising in his voice. Does that mean he cares?

"Yes that would be him.. " I drag on, a naughty tear runs down my face out of habit. Talking about my background is a big deal for me, especially since I never would've thought to actually to let anyone close enough to me to talk about my deep secrets and let them actually get to know the real me.

But who is the real me? Everyone seems to think the real me is some lonely loser with a high grade average and no social life. Scrap that, no life at all. In a way they're right, although their theories of me being emo are incorrect. To me thought I would say that I'm a shy quiet girl with a strong opinion. I don't really show that side of me to anyone, the only person I remember being that comfortable around was my mother. We would always play bicker around and normally I would win. Her and I used to do so many things together, and no matter what we did we always had a good time just being together.

"Please Avalon. You might think you need to hide from the world, to hide from me, but you don't. Even though you think you are alone with no one here to save you, you will always have me. No matter if you really want to open up to me, or just hide away in your shell forever. I don't care, nor do I expect you to trust me, because shoot* I wouldn't trust me either." He chuckles at the last sentence, I can't help but let the tears fall from my eyes as I look up at the beautiful jerk. He's so perfect, in everyway. He doesn't have to try. I feel myself wanting to give into him, but the part of me that has the wall still built up warns me not to. That anyone can say pretty words and not mean anything of them. But I actually believe him. He's right, I might not tell him everything immediately, but over time and as trust begins to form I will indeed let myself open up, to him at least.