5

Chapter 5

Please ignore the mistakes :)

Merry Chirstmas Eve Eve ! ! To all!! ( and yes I mean eve eve) <3

Archer's POV

Ecstasy is all I feel as I let the cold water wash over me. Football practice is over, thankfully, I can't wait to finally see my brother, who is coming down to see the family today from college. I miss him, even if I won't admit it out loud, he would have to much of an upper hand on me. Dallas, the annoying little prick I call my older brother. He attends Stanford University, which is hilarious to think of how dumb lucky he is to be accepted into the university. As childish as it sounds, I can't wait for college, I've been looking into them since I was a child. Now that graduation is creeping up on me, my anxiousness is only growing. Times to choose are now my only fear is that I'll screw up, or not be accepted into "the perfect college". The thought alone sends shivers down my achingly cold body.

I reach for the facuet and turn off the water, then hastily cover myself with a towel. Changing at a lightning fast speed I leave the boys locker room and begin walk ing down the hall casually toward my locker. Most kids are gone now, they left this hell whole a while ago, scurrying towards the exits. I honestly don't mind school, I just think of it as a place to socialize and not learn. I'm not the kid who is constantly b*itching about school and how it's a prison. There are ups about school, I get away from the parents, the siblings, I get to flirt with random chicks each day, I can play football, I get free food (thanks to the nerd who ooh so generously gives up his lunch money for me) and the only downfall is I have to put up with spud teachers and their bull, and losers like that girl with blue hair.

Who even cares about her? Like really, nobody does, nor do they care about her existence. The earth woldn't be any different if she weren't here. It would actually be a happier place without her sulking, depressing self. It's like she wants us to feel bad for her, she catches our attention, just so we can be all sad and depressed the rest of the day because of her sad eyes and slumped shoulders.

My keeps buzzing with thoughts as I whistle a tune as I walk down the hallway, finally arriving at my locker. I quickly grab my things and start heading to the parking lot, where my baby Porsche is waiting fro me.

"Yo! dude are you coming to the party tonight?" A voice yells behind me, starling me and scaring the sh*t out of me. I tumble over my own feet and land on my ass with a thud, the books in my bag flying everywhere. I scurry to pick them up, while sussing at Greyson. That little sh*t.

"Sorry dude, since when do you get scared like a little sissy?" Grey son asks, chuckling slightly.

I huff, but don't respond, far too pissed. i pick each book one by one, checking to see if they all are alright and not damaged, until i come across a strange looking one, covered in indents from pen so it's leather backing, to scribbled that I can't make out what it says. I know I shoudn't take it, but I should probably give it back to the person it belongs to, I ignore Greyson's calls and walk speedily to my car, throwing my book bag and athletics bag in the trunk.

Thoughts of the book, race through my head as I drive home, every now and then I look down at the passenger seat to see it there, staring at me, tempting yme to open it up and read it. I shouldn't look through it, it could be some person's private journal or something stupid. No, restrain, Arch, restrain.

"There's my adorable little brother!!!" A voice calls behind me, I immediately know who the voice belongs to.

"Dallas, what are you doing here so early?" I ask, my voice uncertain and extremely parched. I walk towards the house not giving Dallas anything but a head nodd, i'm excited to see him, but the excitement see ems to fade away as my mind races back to the journal.

What am I supposed to do with it?

"Hey lil bro, are you okay?" Dallas asks, with an eyebrow up. I finish my glass of water, then put it on the granite counter top, contemplating weather or not to tell him. He'll just make fun out of it and claim that it's yours. I know this, but I need someone to give me the green light so that when I do read the journal, guilt won't eat me alive. I'm overreacting, i know this, but something about the texture, the writings on it, the worn out leather all makes this book seem so deep, and taken care of, thay I feel like I'd be Reading someone's life story, not just about who they like in school.

"dude, are you okay./ Your spacing out and mom and dad arn't even home yet" He grins as if he were making a joke, normally I would laugh or at least show interest but the curiosity it eating Me alive.

"Dallas, what would you do if you found a journal, it's all worn and tattered meaning someone has used it and you wanted so badly to read it, but you knew it was wrong, but the temptation is REALLY strong so you just have to, but the guilt might be to strong if you do/" I ramble.

"dude, I was only listening to like have you said, but I would read it. It might be some hot chick who just broke up with her boyfriend and needs comforting or some crap like that" he shrugs, and I feel slightly better, I know it's not right, but Dallas is right.

After out family dinner. I went up to my room, grabbing the book along with and sat down at my desk. I stayed up all night, and what I read was shocking, it was a diary of a broken girl, one that had really no place to call home, her father abused her nad was a drunk and druggie,her mom passed away and her dad blamed her for it happening. A life couldn't be worse.

Everything that was right in my life was wrong in hers.

~~~~

A/N

so yeah, I know I did the last paragrah in past tense, and I menat for that to happen!!

Please vote, commment, share !!

-Rose :)