2. Aboard

Even if this meet and greet wasn't something Dean wanted, it was something he was going to get

Even if this meet and greet wasn't something Dean wanted, it was something he was going to get. He heard the airlock seal on his ship's hull hiss, signifying a vessel connection and subsequent atmospheric decompression. He hadn't called or authorised this boarding so he immediately spoke to his comms system, "I am guessing this is you Admiral?"

"It is. As I said, I am sending my barge and we can speak face to face and discuss the matter at hand."

"Why not talk like this, it seems to be doing the trick?" Dean swivelled around on his chair and logged into the security cameras on his holo-board. "Is he yours?" Dean questioned as he saw a towering, armoured man with three scurrying followers making their way through the loading bay on a beeline directly to him.

"That is my second in command Krantham Gokari of the-"

"Of the Dedan Third Fleet, yes I assumed as much. Can he fight?" Dean asked sarcastically, again with the knowledge that the Dedan race do not understand sarcasm.

"What? I would implore you to not attempt that, he is my most loyal soldier and the best fighter in my entire army. He would destroy you and I wouldn't be able to witness it."

"Well, if what I found in this little box of yours is what I think it is, he had better be able to fight." Dean was never happier than when he was poking the bear and something was telling him he was getting close to some truths.

"No. Wait." The Admiral paused. "We do not wish to fight; we need your help." The Admiral's voice was shakey and the plea resonated with Dean. Why do you need my help?

Dean leaned back in his chair and pushed his feet up onto the desk and through the holo boards which prompted them to close. "Well by my calculations you have fifteen seconds before they reach me and if you want my help you must have Krantham Gokari of the Dedan Third Fleet, your beloved soldier and loyal warrior, call me sir while the other three stragglers kneel."

"I cannot." Admiral Dashnor exhaled. "That is too much, Dedan bow to nobody but their own superiors."

"With this in my possession what am I but superior?" Dean said. "Ten seconds." One day all this bluffing is going to get me killed.

"They will kneel. Krantham will not address you as sir, he has stated that he would rather die in battle than address a human as anything more than food."

"Seems excessive, but that will just have to do I suppose," Dean said standing up from his chair to greet his guests. The moment his arse left his seat, the door seal override shutdown and Krantham prised open the door with his hands. They eat humans and he is this strong. I am definitely dead.

The echoing sound of the metallic clink against the ships rustic floor from the three Dedans that kneeled before Dean sounded like bouncing an Ugna bearing down a Flugarite metal pipe. Deafening.

"With me, now." Krantham pointed towards Dean. "Hurry, this ship smells like stale urine and plasma drippings."

"That is exactly the smell I was going for so, thank you." Dean started towards the four Dedans. As he expected, the closer he got to them, the more he realised the three followers of Krantham were hulkingly big as well. They just paled in comparison to Krantham. "Where are we going, anywhere nice?"