Harry Potter

Sitting alone at the Slytherin table, you had second thoughts on your long term relationship with Draco Malfoy. Being with him just wasn't what it seemed. You remembered at the beginning it was extravagant gifts, compliments, lovely dates and he came off as sweet, despite his habits of bullying those he saw as below him.

Of course, everyone who knew you were in a relationship with him saw hand holding, short kisses and smiles in the public eye. 

But really, it just felt as if the pair of you were falling apart. It had gotten to the point where you had built your heart up in towers as you felt like you couldn't rely on him. You could visibly notice yourself getting more distant and cooler, more blunt with your words and he was the same. Less dates, less sweet words, less time. Where there was supposed to be effort, there was none, it had began to feel incredibly one-sided.

You sat at the Slytherin table waiting for him to show up for supper that night with you, casting Pansy Parkinson a glance as she sat nearby. The girl had disliked you in the past, snide comments when the two of you were alone, but now she merely casts you a look of pity in return. 

"He's not going to show." Pansy would speak absentmindedly as she began to load her own plate up with her supper.
"You know, a girl often ends it in her mind before she even realises." She speaks casually.

You waited at the Slytherin table a little longer, not believing Pansy as she shrugs before eating and talking to her own friends. But the blonde never showed up, predictably, you had to admit.

You look around the Great Hall, to see fellow students conversing, laughing and smiling. A look of recognition registers on your face as you notice your former friends; Harry, Ron and Hermione. A look of longing shadows over your eyes without even realising. The four of you used to be as thick as thieves, however after a particularly fierce argument with Harry due to the nature of your relationship with Draco, you distanced yourself from the whole of the group.

After waiting with no luck for Draco, you decided to give up, pushing your own plate of food away, the hunger you originally had turning to nausea, an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach as you raise, turning to leave the Great Hall as you make your way down the hallway, trying to keep your head somewhat high.

Hermione gave you a glance out of the corner of her eye as you were getting up, giving you a sympathetic look. Although you were so closed off and insecure at this point, you were unsure as to whether she was mocking you or not. 'I don't need your pity.' You thought in the back of your head, although some part of you longed to reconnect with your old friend.

Allowing your paranoia to get the best of you, you hurried away to your destination, making your way down the twisting and turning stairs of the dungeon, through into the common room and into your dormitory. Laying on your bed, you sighed out loud.

You began to register what Pansy had told you earlier. Perhaps it was already over and you hadn't realised it, as much as you hated pondering it as you swallowed thickly.

You heard a knock at the door, with a fellow dormmate entering cautiously. You couldn't help but wonder why she was acting as if she was walking on eggshells.

"Y/n, Draco's outside the common room, he wanted to talk to you. But we wouldn't let him in." She said simply and plainly, cutting to the chase. "It's your choice."

You mentally prepared yourself, thoughts swirling in your mind as you nodded, trying to block it out before slowly moving from your hed and heading down to the common room and outside through the portrait.

There you'd see your boyfriend, his blonde hair ruffled in frustration as he runs a hand through his hair. Seeing this action, you felt nauseated yet again as you avoided his eye.