Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Come on in." Forth opened the door widely for Beam to enter. The first thing that Beam noticed in the apartment was how spacious it is. The design was formal, elegant, and modern. Also, the apartment was almost empty.

The living room just has a gray couch set, a fifty-three-inch television, a small rectangular shaped coffee table, and a large blue bean bag chair. The kitchen has a very slick, modern-looking kitchen counter and three tall chairs accentuated there. There was also a silver custom made fridge. The dining table was just the same color palette as the living room with just four sets of chairs. There are two doors, maybe one of them is Forth's bedroom. Overall, It was a very functional apartment rather than fancy looking. It was so different from Beam's expectation of Forth's apartment. He thought that Forth would have a lavish apartment knowing that he was one of the heirs of the Jamornhum Empire.

"What do you want for dinner?" Forth asked him pointing out his kitchen.

"Uhm, anything? What do you want? We can just order in, I'll pay." Beam opened his phone looking for the food delivery app.

"No need for that." Beam looked at Forth as he removed the cufflinks from his shirt and rolled out his sleeves. It made Forth look a lot sexier as if he wasn't as sexy as hell before. Beam felt thirsty all of a sudden at the scene in front of him. Bad thoughts, Beammie! Behave! He scolded himself in his head. Then, Forth peeked at the contents of his custom made fridge. It seems like Forth will cook for the two of them.

"I'll just make an Italian spaghetti. Would you like that?" Forth inquired Beam, still looking for ingredients in his fridge.

"Yes, very much. Thanks." Beam was fascinated by Forth's movement in the elegant kitchen that he watched him while sitting at one of the high stools in the kitchen counter. How can this human called Forth can be any more perfect? Beam watched Forth silently as he was preparing their dinner.

"Care for a drink while waiting for dinner?" Forth asked a little while. The sauce for the spaghetti was simmering in one of the pots popping out a delicious smell that covered the whole place.

"Yeah, sure. Just not a hard drink." Beam requested quietly. He doesn't want to be drunk in front of Forth. He may sprout unnecessary things like confessed on Forth right in his face and beg him to love him back. No, that would be mortifying! So, a light drink would be enough. Forth poured out an apple juice in a glass and mixed a little bit of rum on it. He stirred it a little and gave it to Beam after. Forth then proceeded to pour himself a drink with pure rum on it.

"It's tasty." Beam commented on the drink. Forth just hummed. It was just then, Beam noticed that aside from the rolled sleeves, Forth discarded his tie somewhere and the two buttons of his shirt were opened, revealing his tanned and lean chest. Beam quickly averted his eyes from Forth's chest and quickly swig his drink. Calm down, Beam! He will die of a heart attack if Forth will look any more desirable than this!

To distract himself from Forth's handsomeness, Beam offered to prepare the table. Thankfully, Forth let him. After a few minutes of waiting, Forth put the Italian spaghetti on the table and put some of it on Beam's plate. "Dig in."

"Oh my god! This is the best spaghetti that I ever tasted!" Beam widened his eyes in surprise.

"You're too kind." Forth dismissed his comment and just watched Beam eat with enthusiasm.

"No, really. I really love food and I mostly tasted everything and anything, so accept my compliments." Beam is singing praises of Forth in his head. This seals it, Forth is too perfect!