Fluke: Rumors

"Have you heard about the news?", a girl in red skirt named Kat  squeal on the table.

"What? Spill the tea", the other girl asks excitedly.

"The new CEO will arrive this Friday here and Thailand will be the main office starting this year", Kat smiles dreamily.

"Gosh Kat! I can't wait to see our CEO in person. He's freakin hot!!", the other smiles widely.

"Pam, me too. 2 years after his graduation, at early age he's going to take over the company already. Tall. Handsome. Good in sports. A good family background. Perfection that's why I plan to have a makeover before the Welcome party for the new CEO", Kat slowly touch her hair before winking.

Fluke is currently at company's cafeteria with his friend.  Just eating quietly while listening to girls at the other table while his friend Earth shaking his head.

"Oh! That's the reason all of the sudden all of the girls in the company doing a makeover. I thought there will be a runaway competition in our company. Are they trying to win the CEO?", Earth smirks before drinking his orange juice.

Fluke just smiles a bit before continue eating his english breakfast. He is excited as well for this coming Friday. He filed for a leave on that day to give a welcome hug to someone that he need fetch in the airport.

Earth laughs slightly when he see his bestfriend smiling dreamily. But Fluke smile fades when he heard the girls at the other table.

"Stop dreaming. The CEO will not glance at us. Didn't you heard the news as well that he had special someone. I've heard the rumors said her name is Tian. She is the daughter of famous jewelry line. Beautiful. A Supermodel aura. Rich", the girl in black skirt said while eating her salad.

Earth reaches for Fluke's hand. "It's just a rumor".

Fluke nods but there is a part of him afraid that might be true. They been apart for a year. Just videocalls and line messages. Lately, his beloved seems busy and always out of reach. Fluke also saw an article and picture between that person and Tian.

The lunch time passed by like that. Fluke feel tired all of the sudden. Earth tried to cheer him up but his thoughts keep showing ugly scenarios.

He check his phone, he remember the last message that person sent to him. Once he gets back, they needed to talk something important. A shiver runs to Fluke's body.  Is it about the rumor?

"NATOUCH! Come to my office, now!", Fluke and Earth about to go home when   heard their department's head shouting voice.

He stand up and walk slowly while head hang low. He don't know what he have done this time. Since the day he rejected his boss, yes, the department confessed to him the treatment that he's been receiving changes.  Alex, the department's head been shouting at him, pointing fingers and mocking him.

He went inside the head's office.

"Your leave is decline", it's the first thing the Alex said when Fluke entered the office.

Fluke eyes went wide and can't help but complaints, "Sir, I already filed that leave a month ago".

"NO is a NO. You know that we are busy because the CEO will arrive and you have the nerve to file a vacation leave ", Alex look annoyed while saying those words.

Fluke just bit his tongue before nodding and exiting the room.

Earth run towards him and  asks, "What did that demon Alex did this time?".

"He declined my leave. What will I do? I want to surprise him", Fluke's voice start to break while saying those words to his friend. Tears starting to form on his eyes as well.

"Fluke, don't cry na! Let's just think another way so you can surprise him. Okay?", Earth hug Fluke.