.9

The walk to her house was odd.

She didn't recall telling him which way to go? Which alley to take to reach her home?

Yet he moved like he knew everything.

Each time they would enter an alley, he would get in front.

Hiding her .

So it was odd. Strange and yet so. . normal. She didn't feel like this was happening for the first time.  He was the one leading her to her very own home. Watching his trench coat bellow slightly in the soft wind had him look like her guardian who fell from the sky only for her.

He knew the girl had no idea he was watching.

Watching her lips frowning.

Watching her take a sneak peek at him when she thought he wasn't looking.

If only she knew. .

She was the reason he was in. . turmoil.

Sex wasn't adding up.

Blood wasn't good enough.

Days weren't. .fun enough.

Truth be told , he had no idea why he was stalking her since the last one week. There was just. . something primitive. . territorial in him demanding from him ,almost forcing him to go out. Watch her like a hawk.

Be her shadow.

And she knew she was being stalked. May be she knew it was him . .

May be.

And may be she. . liked it.

Being stalked by him.

But then. .who wouldn't? He thought , smirking.

As he walked beside her, his hands deep in the pockets of his coat . .he took a breath in.

Inhaling the clean , pure scent of her blood.

Closing his eyes just for a moment, he admitted to himself. It was the most peculiar  blood he had ever known. It was natural . .it reminded him of nature.

And. .

No blood stood a chance against hers.

But it didn't mean he was going to suck her dry right here. Much to human's dismay , he wasn't a rabid vampire out to stick his teeth in the girl's throat at the first chance he get. There were more things to do in life than just sucking blood of a human.

He never liked how his kind were portrayed in books. Yes, once upon a time he did read all the bullshit . . curious as to what humans thought about his being?

After reading, all he thought was. . .blasphemy!

Damien had only one question.

Humans portrayed themselves in books as a being with feelings . .a being who could get happy, sad, angry. .while his beings get to be portrayed as rabid animals? Who had absolutely no job but to run after blood?

Yes blood was a necessity but it wasn't like if he didn't drink , he would drop dead in the next minute.

It didn't work that way.

Humans tended to get biased when it came to his lot. Painting his great-great-great grandfather , Count Dracula,  as a monstrous man . . plotting evil strategies against humanity.

If their were rogue vampires , then there were human murderers.

"This is so strange. ."

He heard her talk. Voluntarily. For the first time.