2: loid university?! (2.0) [rewritten 1/6/21]

[rewritten 1/6/21]

I am carried by someone who I cannot remember. Purple eyes stare down at me, sharp and rimmed with black eyeliner. They sing me a song, one with clutches of darkness stealing princesses, princes, and many alike into its lair. It's very different from the lullabies I have heard, so I ask. I ask the purple-eyed person why; why sing a song of tragedy and evil? But it isn't me asking. It is someone before me, it is a toddler with no sense of self. A toddler with no sense of self, but more knowledge than anybody would ever believe. A toddler; a prodigy. The purple eyes squint, and the person utters some words.

I cannot remember them, will not remember them, and will continue to forget them.

I wake up in a cold sweat, although I don't know why. A bad dream, perhaps? I don't give it much mind. I instead focus on my current situation: I, Hatsune Miku, am laying on a desk in an unknown place.

My head is pounding in the familiar rhythm of a headache, and my vision swims. I attempt to recall what happened, but my memories seem to refuse to resurface.

I lift my head from the wood as my eyes start to clear up.

To my surprise, a blackboard stares at me. It has some short lines scribbled on. Probably by someone around my height, if the steadiness of the handwriting and the placement are anything to go by.

I read, in purple chalk, "Welcome to Loid University, Miku! The headmaster and staff hope you enjoy the school. Please head to the gym at 1:00 PM for orientation! More information will be given soon."

Suspicious. The school?

Looking to my sides, I see even more desks, identical to the one that I sit at. They seem to be new, but they're covered in a thick layer of dust.

So, they've been here for quite long, unused.

There are pieces of metal where the windows would be. They look heavily bolted in.

I slowly rise from the chair, and walk to a board. Lifting my hands up, I inspect the bolts. Adding on to my previous statement, they are heavily bolted in.

Turning on my heel, I stare at the characters lining the wall. Should I go?

Not like I have any choice.

I start walking towards the door.

I don't grab the map laying against the blackboard.

I arrive at the gymnasium without getting lost. It's an impressive show of luck, making me feel like the universe is mocking me, somehow.

The room is empty, letting me wonder if this was actually Loid University (which I have taken to calling LU) or a 3rd party. That theory is quickly shut down with the thought of who would've known that I was planning to attend. I haven't told Rin, as she was also accepted (I wanted my presence to be a surprise), and there's nobody else that I'd be close enough to share the information with.

Speaking of which, will I see her?

I banish the idea from my mind. It's better if she's not here.

My thoughts are interrupted by a sudden creaking from behind me. I snap my head to look.

A girl with lilac hair in a ponytail stands, holding the door with her foot. We stare at each other for a moment, before she furrows her eyebrows and asks, "Who are you?" in an apprehensive tone.