Chapter 9

Mikoto was... confused, to say the least.
Fukase had knocked on their door, waking them up and asking if she could search around for anything suspicious.
What exactly would you get from searching a 12 year old's dorm?
Mikoto got it, everyone was a suspect and everything. But did he seriously believe that this cute lil' child right here was a murderer?
Mikoto's thoughts were interrupted by Fukase's voice. "Hey, did you sleep over Gakupo's last night?"
"...No?" The purple-haired child cocked her head to the side. "I slept at Hime's place..."
There was a loud silence that sprouted between the two for a bit.
"Mikoto? Mikoto?" Hime's head poked out from inside the bathroom with a toothbrush in hand and a mouth full of toothpaste. "What're you doing up so early?" Hime's gaze flew over to Fukase. "Oh, hello!"
"Ehm... Hi." Fukase half-heartedly waved his hand in response.
"Usually, Mikoto-Mikoto isn't up this early..." Hime looked up, thinking. Their head poked back into the bathroom and from behind the door came a few sounds that would presumably be them spitting out their toothpaste. Hime soon waltzed back out with a clean mouth and a wet shirt. "Or is there something wrong...?" Hime looked straight into Fukase's eyes. He shuddered.
"...Nope! Sorry, gotta go!" Fukase rushed out of the dorm, bumping into Una once out the door.
"...What?" Una looked visibly confused. "Are you a teleporter, or something?"
Fukase joined Una in the club of confused faces. "Wait, what?"