Chapter 7

Before I know it, countless spikes stick out of Flower's body.

"FLOWER!" Fa cries out.

"This is your fault, Fa." Defoko pushes the girl away from her neck, standing up. "Rule 1!"

"No harming the headmasters!" Momo smiles.

If Fa wasn't crying before, she's crying now. I hold onto my pink skirt, overwhelmed by the already 2 deaths in the 'school'.

>>Spicy...?

>Oh. Sugar.

>>Why is Flower... dead?

>Fa attacked Defoko.

"Well! We came here to tell you that there will be a set time limit of 24 hours to investigate Gakupo's death. Flower's doesn't count, since, well, I killed her!" Defoko smiles, yet again. "So, scram."

A hole reaches all around the stage, just stopping before Fa. Sinking down into the ground, Momo laughs. "See you all!"

..........................................................................................................................

>SUGAR

"So, Luka, what happened when you got up...?" I lean towards Luka, tapping the makeshift table that Meiko set up in her room. Piko ruled out the people that shouldn't be investigating, like Rin, or Rana. 1, Rin would be too traumatized, and 2, Rana's a child. So from process of elimination, we wound up with a team of 5 people. Kaito, Meiko, me, Fukase, and Piko. Well, Miku wanted to tag along (even though Piko ruled her out since she clearly stated she didn't like blood when we met her), so 6 people.

"Well, I got up, and saw Gakupo... I screamed, and woke up Rin and Len." Luka, still shaken up by Gakupo's death, looked to be thinking. "Wait... Where were Hime and Mikoto...?"

"The Meika's?" I lean back.

"Yes... Gakupo was holding a sleepover last night. I brought Rin and Len with me. Hime and Mikoto knocked, and I'm sure they fell asleep with us."

>Did she lock the door?

"Well, did you lock the door when you went to sleep?" I take note of what Spicy says.

"Uhm... I think Gakupo did." Luka slowly taps her chin.

"Alright..."

>We barged into the room without any problems. Wouldn't that mean someone would've unlocked it?

>>Mmm, take note of that. We'll think about it later. Questions, now.

I fiddle with my blue braids as Spicy and I think of a question.

>...I heard those noises last night. That might've been Hime and Mikoto.

>>Is that a question to ask Luka...?

>No.

>>Uhm... Did she notice if anything was different when she got up?

>That'll work. Shoot.

"Okay. Was anything different or messed up when you found Gakupo dead, compared to when you went to sleep?" I stare at Luka right in the eye.

"Uhm... That one bedside drawer was open. Gakupo showed us how to mend a rip in fabric with a needle and thread..." Luka looked down. "Eh... I think there was a sewing kit and another kit with little fix it tools...?"

"Anything else?" I jot down her answers on a yellow notepad.

"I don't think so..."

"That's fine! Well, you're free to go now." I smile, standing up and walking to the door of Meiko's room. Opening it, I look left to see Kaito and Fukase talking.

"Hey! Luka's done!" I wave at the two boys standing in the hall. "And why are you in the hall?" I glare at Kaito.

"Oh, Una! We were discussing something suspicious in the room." Fukase motions for me to come over. "The blood seemed really fresh, like it was done in the middle of the night."

"Huh." I write it down on the clipboard. "Luka did mention something about the Meika's showing up at the sleepover she and Gakupo hosted, disappearing after she woke up."

"Well, that'll definitely be something to ask the others." Fukase taps his chin. "Well, I'll call for Rin to come out. For now, you go around and investigate."

"Since when have you been the boss of this?" I chuckle. "Oh, well. I'll be dashing from people's dorms. Call for me when Rin's ready." I turn my heel, walking towards the end of the hallway.

Guess it's time to search Mikoto's room.