🦋Reunion🦋

The familiar sound of the shop bell chimes as I enter the small cafe I go to almost everyday. I walk up to the counter and to order. C=counter attendant

C: your usual, she asks.

B: Yep, thanks Sam. I pull a couple dollars out of my wallet and hand them over.

I walk over to the other side of the cafe and grab my usual caramel latte, waving to the staff on my way out.

I open the doors to the cool air of Brooklyn, New York. I'd been living here for almost 10 months now, after my last year of college to pursue my dream of fashion design but ended up as an assistant for one of the meanest, but richest woman in all of New York.

I try my best to run in my heels and get to work on time.

. . .
I run into my bosses office with the coffee.

B: Here you go Mrs Marion, sorry I'm late I wasn't able to get a taxi so I had to run over in heels. I say out of breath, trying to straighten up my clothes and hair.

She takes a sip and smacks the cup back down with a disgusted look on your face.

MM: Well you better get ready to do it again because this Coffees cold.

I nod, and take the coffee from her desk

B: sorry about that Mrs Marion, I'll get you another one.

I walk out of her desk and as the elevator descends, I hiss insults I wish I could say to mrs Marion's face. Sometimes I wish that I could just quit and start my own business but, as much as I don't want to admit it, I need Mrs Marion.

I walk the few blocks back to the coffee shop. The staff aren't surprised to see me back, this isn't the first time I've had to come back.

C: I'll get it ready for you Bella, it's on us

B: Thank you so much, I sigh.

C: You know you should really consider quitting, she remarks while handing me the hot cup of coffee.

B: Yea..working on that- Out of nowhere I run into the chest of someone, spilling the coffee all over the person in front of me, some of it gets on to my blouse.

The person shouts in pain

B: Oh my god, I'm so sorry I didn't see you there that was my fault I- I look up to lock eyes with none other than Vallyk Pena, my high school sweetheart.

B: Oh my god, Vallyk, I say in astonishment.

V: Bella.. wow. Haven't seen you since high school.

I nod, silently. I quickly snap out of my thoughts, recalling the fact that I'd spilled coffee all over him.

B: oh- I'm so sorry that must of hurt.

V: No no, I'm fine it's my fault for walking into you. He responds

B: Ugh my boss is gonna kill me for being late, I run my fingers through my hair in frustration, and I can't show up with coffee stains on my shirt.

Vallyk looks at me for a second before saying,

V: You know what, why don't you come with me, I should be able to help. I'll meet you outside, just need to grab a few napkins 'cause the coffee was kind of hot.

B: So sorry, again.

V: No worries, he chuckles and looks back at me, meet you outside.

. . .
Vallyk closes the door to his apartment behind us.

B: Still wondering how you're able to help me cause.. you're a guy.

V: Yea I know, he laughs, lucky for you, I wasn't talking about me. I could give you something from my girlfriend, you guys are about the same size.

B: Girlfriend... that doesn't seem right.

V: don't worry you can even keep it, she has so many clothes I don't think she'll even notice it's gone.

I don't want to take things from his girlfriend, but I do need to get back to work.

B: Alright I'll take one, but I'll be back to later to return it, I declare.

V: Great! closet's in the second door to the right, take your pick.

I follow his direction and walk into a bedroom. I look around where I see a closet to the right side of the wall. I pick a blouse to wear, but for some reason as I'm changing I have a strong feeling that I'm being watched.

I turn to exit the bedroom and find Vallyk sitting on one of the high chairs for his island.

B: I was in such a rush I didn't even get to, compliment your apartment, this is a really nice place.

V: Thanks. Well we should get going I'm sure your boss is waiting on you plus I have work too.

I nod in agreement

B: You're right. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to get fired, I totally forgot about her coffee, I groan.

Vallyk hops off his chair and grabs a cup from the counter

V: Here is a caramel latte, made it extra hot so it won't get cold on your way back.

B: How'd you know? I take the cup from him. Were you there when I was ordering?

V: May or may not have been, he smiles.

B: So that means you planned for me to bump into you and spill my coffee?

V: bumping into you yes, the coffee no. I can't help but smile as I watch him explain himself. I planned for us to talk and catch up, but this works too.

B: Why not just come up and talk to me. I ask, while opening the front door.

V: Well where's the fun in that. he smiles. See you around Bella, he says before closing the door.

I turn away from the door and smile to myself.
B: See you around.

A/n: A lot of people have requested for a part two of "Friends with Benefits" and I enjoyed writing the last book so I decided to make a part two as you can see lol. This chapter is kind of short but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, leave a comment or vote if you want. :)