🦋 Guidance 🦋

Me vs the world as usual.

But it doesn't have to be that way. Maybe this is a sign for me to get away from everything negative in my life, everything negative this city has brought me.

I think it's time for me to leave New York City.

Mindlessly, I get into my car and drive until all the skyscrapers are out of view. I drive through empty roads for a while until I see the green and yellow sign with New Jersey written in white. My mind is totally blank and the only sound filling my head is the low rumble of the car . About an hour and a half after leaving the city I pull into a driveway. I pull my phone out of my pocket and scroll through my contacts for a specific name. The tone rings in my ear for a few seconds before it cuts off and I hear her voice.

???: Bella? Hey, how are you doing? It's been a while.

B: Hey. I croak, from the unfamiliar vibration of my vocal cords after being silent the whole trip. Um... I'm in your drive way.

???: What! She hangs up.

I look up when I hear the front door of the house open. I push open the car door and walk up the porch stairs to her. I force myself to smile.

B: Hey Marina. Its good to see you. I lean in and hug her.

M: Hey.. woah are you ok? What's wrong.

B: I pull from the hug, does something have be wrong for me to visit my sister?

She stares at me for a couple seconds before rolling her eyes and heading back into her house-

M: Tell me everything.

***

I scan the house with proud eyes.

B: Nice house, but why does one person need this much space.

Her lips spread into a mischievous smile.

M: Alot has happened the past couple years.

I follow her into what looks like the living room, and in the middle is a white cradle with a baby sleeping inside.

My eyes widen with excitement and disbelief.

B: Oh my gosh! This is yours?

M: Who else's. And not "this", her.

B: Wow. How old is she?

M: almost 7 months.

B: Where's her dad?

M: At work.

B: Can I hold her?

M: Of course. Careful though, I just got her to sleep.

I slowly pick up the baby from the cradle, resting her head in the fold of my elbow. She squirms a little but stays asleep. I run a knuckle against her cheeks, almost forgetting my reason for being here.

M: So, She appears from behind the kitchen with two glasses and a bottle of champagne, I'm guessing you're gonna need this to tell my why you're really here.

I place the softly snoring baby back into the cradle.

B: Right, I sit down with a sigh.

M: Is it about a boy this time too?

I purse my lips

B: Kind of... same one actually.

M: Vallyk!? Her eyebrows shoot up. I thought you guys parted ways after highschool.

B: We did... somehow we ran into each other in New York a couple months ago. And that's when it started. I mean technically he's not the full reason I'm here, but he's contributing to my sadness.

M: Then why are you here? She takes another sip.

I look down at my shoes, reliving that moment in the office.

B: I  think I got fired from my job. For the dumbest reason, too.

M: Can I tell you something Bella?

B: hmm?

M: You're pathetic.

I raise my hands up in insulted confusion.

B: ouch.

M: You really are. I mean every time things get hard you give up and seek help from others. I'm starting to think you don't even try to find the answer in yourself. Your problem is you love to self sabotage without even realizing it. Whatever happened with your job I'm sure you could've tried a little harder and all of this could've been prevented. And with Vallyk, I've seen you two together. The way you guys look at each other. You love him, so fight for him.

B: I can't ok he had a girlfriend! I blurt out angrily, it's offensive how right she always is.

M: Sometimes people make mistakes out of fear for rejection. You just have to take a leap of faith.

B: And what would that be?

M: Whatever you make it, Bella. She shrugs

I nod at her words.

B: Thanks for that.

She gulps down the rest of the ruby red liquid in her glass

M: Whatever I can do to get you out of here sooner, she smiles sarcastically.

I scoff.

B: No really, thanks. I think I've overstayed, I should get back home and take that leap of faith you keep talking about. I stand up from the couch.

M: Why don't you stay here the rest of the night. Get some rest, and you can drive back and make some decisions with a clear mind.

I nod.

B: You know, it's crazy how you always know what to do.

her lips spread into smile and she shrugs.

M: That's what big sisters are for.

A/n: I've had half of this chapter in drafts almost two weeks. I didn't really feel the motivation to finish but I finally have. I think I might just start doing author notes in chapter again because I don't think most people see my announcements, what do you think? I plan to have 2-3 more chapters after this one so sadly this story is coming to a end soon. And I don't plan on writing any more books on the hoodie boys after this. Hope you guys enjoy these last few chapters. Feel free to leave any requests or ideas in the comments ❤️