Steve (1) - Coming Home to You

"Steve!" y/n called as he was walking off. "Steve!" He turned around and stumbled backwards as y/n's body crashed into his. He wrapped his arms around her as they had their arms around his neck. "Please don't leave," y/n pleaded with their head buried in his shoulder.

"Y/n, I have to go," he said quietly. They looked up to him with tears in their eyes.

"Don't leave me. It's not fair."

"I know it's not, but I have to."

"Why? Why can't you stay with me?"

"You know why. We're at war. I have to fight."

"But what if you fight and fight, but you don't come back?" Steve looked at the one he loved most, usually the most brave and strong person he knew, and it broke his heart at how small and fragile they looked right now. It hurt him to know that he made them feel this way. "Bucky's gone. I can't lose you too."

	"Listen to me

"Listen to me. No matter what it takes, I'm coming home. I am coming home," he assured y/n. "To you."

"Steve," Dum Dum said quietly, signalling that it was time to go.

"Hey, I love you," Steve said as he placed a hand on the side of their cheek. "I'll be back soon. I promise." They nodded and let a tear slide down their face. Steve wiped it away with his thumb as they leaned in and gave him one last hug before kissing him on the cheek.

"I love you too," y/n whispered for only him to hear. Steve gave them a smile, saluting his promise to y/n right before he disappeared out of sight.

 Steve gave them a smile, saluting his promise to y/n right before he disappeared out of sight

So this was my first imagine. Hope you all liked it. Let me know if you want to see more of these for other characters or just more in general! I've never written anything like this, so I hope it's okay!