Epilogue

A few days later –

The dark blue night was adorned with bright twinkling stars, cool breezes that journeyed through the land rustled the rich foliage and animals shrouded in the darkness hooted and buzzed. Outside the Pokémon centre of Songria, a fire danced and waved about, casting shadows that playfully dodged in and out of sight.

'Ash! Brock! Hurry up!' May called.

'We have heaps of food here! First come first serve!' Max yelled.

'Alright, alright! We're here!' Ash replied loudly as he and Brock walked out of the building.

They joined everyone at the bonfire and chatted excitedly while sharing delicious foods with each other. Nurse Joy again thanked them for bringing the battery back and saving the Pokémons, and Police Jenny thanked them for helping to get rid of the gangsters and cleaning up the town. The group accepted humbly.

'Thanks to you guys, the streets are Songria are back to being beautiful and peaceful again, just like the way I remembered it.' Police Jenny said.

'The way you remembered it? Are you saying you've been here before, Police Jenny?' May asked curiously.

'Well, yes. I've been here once when I was very little. I was travelling with my family and we reached this charming little town surrounded by natural beauty. Unfortunately for me, after weeks of travelling I had gotten sick and was coming down with a fever. But, luckily, a very cute pink haired girl (Nurse Joy blushed madly upon hearing this) came to me and gave me some healing elixir, and I was back to running around the very next day.' Police Jenny said, smiling.

'But now that the gangsters are gone, does that mean you're going to go back to the cities? Max asked.

Nurse Joy went very quiet, she turned towards the fire so she was facing away from everyone and drooped her head. Police Jenny looked at Nurse Joy, then said,

'True, there had never been a police Jenny stationed here because this town had always been quiet and peaceful. But I will stay here, because I want to protect this town and the people, and most importantly, I want to stay here and spend the rest of my life beside the woman I love and treasure the most.'

The dark cloud hovering over Nurse Joy's face vanished and her head shot up in surprise, only to become more surprised as she found that Police Jenny was looking directly at her.

'Jenny...' she said lightly.

Police Jenny walked up to Nurse Joy and gently took her hands in hers, she looked Nurse Joy in the eyes and said, 'Joy, I love you, and I want to be by your side, forever.'

Nurse Joy went bright red, but she dared herself to look back at Police Jenny's dazzling amber eyes, and said, 'I love you too, Jenny, and yes, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life together with you!'

They smiled at each other, then, leaning in, they kissed deeply and embraced each other tightly. Ash, Brock, May and Max cheered for them silently, and tiptoed away to give them more space. On the side, the bonfire crackled and cast a warm orange light across their bodies as they held each other.