♡ Happy Ending ♡

"Where are you taking me Tae?"

"It's a Surprise!"

"C'mon at least let me open my eyes! Please."

"Just a few more steps then we are there."

"Okay fine."

"Open your eyes."

"Oh my- WOW! It's so

"Oh my- WOW! It's so.. amazing Tae! Did you do this for me?"

"You like it?"

"I love it Tae!"

Then he held my hand. The way our fingers intertwined felt so natural and right; as if our hands held memories of meeting in a thousand other lifetimes.

"Let's eat.. Shall we?"

I nooded.

Time skip.

After dinner, he played a video on projector. It was our moments together for all these years since the start and until then.
When it was over, he gently held my hand and got down on one knee.
My heart started beating faster.
He pulled out a small raspberry red box and opened it revealing a simple but elegant ring..

"Y/N,
I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses... the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life... to lie in your arms as I take my last breath.
There is nothing on earth more beautiful to me than your smile... no sound sweeter than your laughter... no pleasure greater than holding you in my arms. I realised today that I could never live without you, stubborn little hellion that you are. In this life and the next, you're my only hope of happiness. Tell me, Y/N, dearest love... Will you make me the happiest man in the world, my dear. Join me in this new adventure as my partner, my everything, my wife. You and I until the end. Will you marry me?"

I felt the wet hot tears fill up my eyes and without any hesitation I said..

"Yes! Yes, Tae, Yes! I will marry you."

Tears of happiness spilt over and flowed down my face like a river escaping a dam.

He carefully slid the beautiful ring down my fourth finger of left hand aka ring finger and hugged me tightly like there's no tomorrow.
I closed my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.

Slowly he leaned towards my face and pressed that sweet pink lips of his on mine. I kissed him back. That kiss was different.
There was the sweetness of passion, a million loving thoughts condensed into a moment. In his kiss was the promise of years and the sweetness of waiting for real love.

"I Love You, Y/N"

"I Love You Too, Tae"

That day, I realised that true love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.
Time and time again, we reconnected.
It was like the universe nudged us to give it one more chance.

_____________________________________

"And that's the story, the story of Me and Your Dad, 'Our Story'.
Did you like it?"

Sophia: "Mommy! I loved it but I'm sad."

Me: "Aww, why is my baby sad?"

Sophia: "Because, it looks to me like I just missed the best reunion since Y/N got together with Tae Tae."

Me: "Shh, don't call your dad with his name or else he will come and beat you up."

Taehyung: "What are you two talking about?"

Me: "Uhh.."

Sophia: "That Mommy loves me more than you!"

She said while sticking her tongue out.

Taehyung: "No. She doesn't. She loves me more, you little kid!"

Sophia: "No she doesn't, ask her yourself!"

Taehyung: "Hey! If I wasn't there then how could you have been here? Huh! Tell me."

Sophia: "What are you talking about, Daddy? A bird dropped me from the sky and then Mommy caught me, resulting in you to be my Dad. So I should thank Mommy, not you!"

Taehyung: "She is lying! You were made when we-

Me: "Watch your tongue, MR. KIM TAEHYUNG or you might end up in hospital again!
And yes, baby, (to Sophia) Mommy loves you more than anyone."

Sophia: "Hehe, Mr. Kim Taehyung has closed his mouth."

Taehyung: "You-

Me: "Tae!"

Taehyung: "Okay fine!"

He stomps away while blabbering..
"No one cares for me. What did I do to them huh!?"

Both mother and daughter burst out laughing.

Me: "We love you Tae!"

Taehyung: "But I hate you."

Sophia: "Love you too Daddy!"

~ The End ~

Author: Thank you so much for reading and loving my book 'Our Story'. Hopefully you enjoyed the happy ending sequel along with the book as much as I enjoyed writing it. I Love y'all ♡