CHAPTER 7 - FIGURING IT OUT

SENKU'S POV 

.

.

.

Things were going downhill for me right now. We were finishing the medicine for Ruri because her condition did not look good at all. As we finished the medicine everyone went to the village to feed Ruri the medicine. I took a deep sigh after knowing that the medicine would work but my mind was still not on the right side. I asked Chrome if he's seen Gen anywhere and Chrome said that he didn't saw him since he ran away after the match ended. I knew he wouldn't have left because he was there with them through the whole procedure when they were taking the medicine. Then when I was about to hit the dead-end the thought of him sitting on the rock where we first met stuck me. I ran as fast as I could, not caring about others asking me where I was going in the dark. I didn't have time to answer others right now. I reached the location and there he was sitting in the dark. I sighed in relief and started approaching him slowly, not to make him aware I was there. When I reached close enough to him from where I can hear him, I saw him cry. I didn't know what it felt like when people say their heart stopped beating or their heart broke maybe because I was never interested in those things but at that moment when I saw him cry my heart broke into what I can say a million pieces. I just wanted to hold him forever in my arms and never let go. I knew but also I didn't to why he was crying. Without thinking I hugged him from behind and I could he stiffen up in surprise .......

.

.

GEN'S POV 

.

.

I was crying but why? He wasn't mine nor I was his. Do I have feelings for him or something? I was so embarrassed to face Senku and others. I just ran away without listening to them or telling them why was I running away all of a sudden. Senku's voice sounded so worried as he was calling my name. And here I'm sniffing on my clothes. The tears weren't stopping until I felt someone hugging me from behind. My body stiffened on the contact of the other body. I was so engrossed in crying that I didn't even realize someone was approaching me. 

" It's just me ...." the voice called and my body was starting to melt in his embrace. His breath... 

I could feel it on my neck. My face was turning as red as a tomato. Wait why am I blushing? My heartbeat is getting fast and I'm afraid he'll hear it. No god please that will be so embarrassing !!! But why is his heart beating so fast? 

MY POV because ..... why not? 

Gen and Senku were in each other's arms. No explanation. No apologies. Just two of them in silence, enjoying each other's company. Both of their hearts were thumping so loud together that they couldn't tell whose they were hearing. After minutes of complete silence, Senku started ..... " What happened? Why did you run away? " It was so small that it almost sounded like a whisper. Gen was about to answer to Senku but as he was opening his mouth, Senku started again..... " You were misunderstanding. I was never gonna marry Ruri but in the end, Chrome wasn't in the right state and well I accidentally won the match. I had to divorce Ruri like can you believe it? A 16-year-old is getting married and getting divorced after two minutes. Do you know how extremely worried I was when you ran away without listening to me? " 

Gen was feeling guilty now that he didn't think through and just tried to run away from the situation.

" I- I- "

" No need to say sorry, I probably wouldn't have done the same but I heard people tend to get like that sometimes. Are you okay now? " 

Gen nodded. 

" Right then we should go back before others come searching for us ."

With that Senku started to walk away, Gen following right behind.

Gen couldn't feel his warmth anymore and that made him a little sad but he was glad that Senku came for him. What Gen wanted to say was " Please don't leave. I wanna tell you something. " He wanted to say " I like you, Senku chan ." " I don't know since when but I'm falling hard for you. " But those words couldn't come out of his mouth. He decided to just let it go for now and that he will deal with it later........

Heyaaaaa y'all. Long time no see!! I have this huge bundle of files for every freaking subject to make and well yeah ... Sorry for the poor grammar. 

See ya all soon xx