Slaves and Masters

"I'll give you five hundred for the girl." I wrap my arms protectively around Kirstie. She grips my arm tightly. "No. They're a bundle. No him, no her." Troye says. He stands beside us.

I hate him. I hate him for selling us. I hate him for abandoning us.

But I push all my rage down and nod my head at him. He must care about us. To sell us together as we wished. We've been through too much to be separated again.

"Scott!" Kirstie yells. I lunge towards her but a whips cracks against my back. I crumble to the ground in agony. Kirstie lets out an ear piecing scream. I look up and see her lying a few meters from me, face in the dirt. A man stands above her, whip in hand. "No. Stop!" I yell. The whip cracks against her back again. Another scream. My heart breaks. "Get in the car!" Alex yells. I push myself to my feet and stumble to the car.

"Scott. Come here." I walk through the cotton field to Troye Sivan, my owner. He stands facing me, but a girl stands in front of him, obviously deep in conversation. She suddenly turns around and I stop in my tracks. "K-Kirstie." I stutter. She nods, tears coming to her eyes. She sprints towards me and jumps onto my torso, knocking me to the ground. I haul her to her feet and hug her to me tightly. 'Thank you.' I mouth to Troye. Troye just nods and smiles.

"I'll give you a thousand for them both!" A voice shouts from the crowd. My eyes search and find a small, brunette holding ten bills in his hand pushing through.

The taller man huffs. He looks familiar. Too familiar. And his voice.

"You're a slave now boy!" A man yells in my face. I let out another sob. Our house stands in shambles. Mom and Dad's bodies lay a few feet in front of me. Kirstie is crying into my shoulder. The gunshots still ringing in my ears. "Stand up."

I look over at Troye who seems to be considering the brunette's offer. Troye looks at me out of the corner of his eye. I discreetly shake my head. Please no. God no.

"Deal."

My heart sinks. The taller man stalks towards us. "You will be mine slave." He spits in my face.

"You're a slave now boy."

"Step away from my slaves!" A powerful voice booms. The taller man steps back, as if he had been burnt. He spins and I see the short brunette standing behind him.

That voice came from that man?! He's practically a boy!

"Scott. Come on. We have to go." Kirstie is fighting tears. I hear it in her voice. I nod and follow the short brunette. Two armed guards flank us.

If we were gonna run, we'd have done it already.

We approach a sleek, black car. The brunette climbs in the front and Kirstie and I climb in the back seat. After a few minutes, the man turns around in his seat.

"Hi. I'm Mitch. What are y'all's name?" He says. I look at him incredulously. What was he on?! Kirstie looks at me questioningly. I return the look and reluctantly answer. "I'm Scott. This is Kirsten." The brunette, Mitch, nods.

"Are you a friend of Troye?" Kirstie asks. I glare at her. "Kirsten!" I snap quietly. The driver glances back at us, his eyes lingering on Kirstie. Mitch looks at the driver then at me. I plead with him with my eyes. The punishment for speaking out of turn was ten lashes.

"Did you hear something Avi?" Mitch asks. The driver, Avi, looks at Mitch before shaking his head. "No sir." His voice is so low. Mitch nods.

"How old are y'all?" Mitch asks. I look at Kirstie before answering. "I'm eighteen. Kirstie is sixteen." I say. "I thought you said your name was Kirsten." Mitch says eyeing me. I lower my gaze from his face. "It's a nickname." Kirstie squeaks. Mitch's eyes soften.

"Scotty and Kirstie." I grimace at the nickname. "Are y'all together?" Mitch's eyes shine with hope. Hope for what? "Eww no! We're brother and sister!" Mitch grins. He's gorgeous when he smiles.

What the hell was that Scott?! He's your master. Your owner!

"Oh! This is Avi!" Mitch introduces us. The driver grins at is in the rear view mirror. "How old are you?" Kirstie asks. I flash her a warning look. She looks at my apologetically. Avi stutters around for an answer before settling on, "Twenty."

"Oh." Is Kirstie's reply. Avi looks back to the road, awkwardness and tension setting in.

"Do you know what y'all were sold for?" Mitch asks. I stiffen and Kirstie looks out the window. "Yeah." I answer. "You aren't going to do that to us, are you?" Kirstie asks. I look at her and bring her small form into my arms. Mitch's eyes soften and Avi looks back at us.

"I would never dream of it."

Should I make this into a Scömiche story?? Let me know what you think!!!