The Most Beautiful Time of the Year

Okay okay okay. I know that it's way past Christmas but I still love Christmas so one more Christmas one shot, okay? Love y'all!!!

-Queen Grace

It's the most beautiful time of the year. The halo white snow falling on the ground, Christmas music playing everywhere you go, jolly spirits, and Christmas movies constantly playing were among just a few of the things you loved about Christmas. It was a beautiful time in the Pentatonix household too. Mitch, Scott, Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin dropped their worries and responsibilities for once and gave themselves the Christmas they all deserved so desperately.

The house was decorated with anything festive you could find. Scott found a whole bunch of boxes in the storage room of Christmas lights, mistletoes, ornaments, wreaths, and even some ugly Christmas sweaters for his family to put on. Kirstie wore the ugliest of them all; she wore a red-brick designed one with a fireplace on the front. Scott wore a green shirt that said 'Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal'. He liked it so much; he even called dibs on it. Avi wore a white sweater with Rudolph on the front, Kevin wore a black sweater with blue and white light-up snowflakes on it, and Mitch wore a light up Christmas sweater with Santa's sleigh on it.

All five of them helped decorate the house until not a single room was left undecorated. The only thing left to do was to put up the Christmas tree in the living room and decorate it with assorted ornaments.

"The house looks nice, huh?" Kirstie walked in as the rest of them were admiring the decorations already set up. "Almost seems like we're a normal family, don't you think?"

"Almost," Scott shrugged his arm nonchalantly around Mitch, "A cello-boxer, a human-bass, two gay men, and a girl who loves us all to pieces. We're the fricken' Brady bunch."

"Hey, watch your attitude," Mitch playfully elbowed Scott in the ribs, "So what's next? Are we going to decorate the Christmas tree?"

"We should decorate the tree," Avi said.
"Okay, I'll go get the ornaments," Mitch said, shrugging himself away from Scott and walking off to get the ornaments.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Avi asked, "That box is pretty heavy."

"No it's okay, I think I got it," Mitch said, taking off. He'll admit that the box was heavy, but it was nothing he couldn't handle.

On his way back from getting the ornaments, he failed to notice a chair in the middle of the living room that had failed to be pushed back, tripping over the leg and dropping the box. He was able to catch himself from falling, but the box of ornaments fell out of his grasp and shattered all over the floor. Scott, Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin looked from him to the ornaments in shock, the once beautiful bulbs now broken and shattered all around their feet.

"Mitch," Kevin shook his head, "I thought you said that you 'got this'."
Mitch gave him a disapproving look and ran his hair through his hair. What now?

"Well," Scott sighed, "Who's up for a trip to the store?"

"A trip to the store?" Kirstie questioned doubtfully, "It's Christmas Eve, are you sure you want to take on that madness?"

"What? Oh no, I'm not going," Scott snickered, turning to your direction, "Little Mr. Accident-Prone is going."

"What?!" Mitch furrowed his eyebrows together. "Oh come on! I didn't mean to; you can't expect me to go to the store all by myself."

"Alright fine, we can all go," Scott raised his hands in surrender, "We need to pick up a few more things, anyway."

The five of them piled into Kirstie's car and headed off to the store after cleaning up the crushed bulbs. It was just as crowded as they had expected with cars filling every parking spot; it took Kirstie five minutes before she could find an empty spot, and it was at the very back of the lot.