Nightmare [night·mare]: a frightening or unpleasant dream

A/N: Prompt by @peribloke: ooooo maybe crowley saying "I won't let anything happen to you, you're safe with me" with zira being all panicky or having a bad flashback :"0? if you want !!

I hope y'all enjoy! 😊

__________

Sitting up in bed, Aziraphale chokes on air.

He coughs, his entire body trembling and the blonde squeezes his eyes shut, feeling his husband jolt awake next to him. Suddenly, the bedside lamp is turned on and Aziraphale flinches as the light sends a burst of golden static behind his eyes.

"Angel?" Crowley whispers, carefully reaching over to rest a hesitant hand against his mate's shivering back. "Aziraphale, dove, what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Zira shakes his head, finally lifting his head and blinking up at Crowley, tears slipping free and sliding down his cheeks in waves. The demon's frown, already pulling a deep crevasse into his forehead, becomes even deeper.

His yellow eyes, flickering between looking down at Aziraphale and around them for some unseen threat, are bright in worry and concern.

"S-S-Sorry, my dear." The angel whispers, wincing as his voice drags against his throat. "Had a, uh, a little bit of a bad dream–"

Cutting himself off with a harsh sob, Aziraphale curls into himself, feeling the bed dip a little more as Crowley leans closer, carefully gathering his crying mate into his arms. The blonde sniffs, resting his cheek against his husband's chest and breathes in.

The smell of Crowley, of something smokey and harsh, of warmth and safety and home, causes another round of tears to bubble up from Azirphale's chest.

"Oh, sweetheart." Crowley coos above him, the sound vibrating against Zira's cheek "Oh, my love, my darling, shh. I won't let anything happen to you, you're safe with me. Shh, dove."

Aziraphale just nods, snuggling closer to the demon and feels Crowley hold him tighter in response, laying multiple, soft kisses against his forehead and temples.

A/N: Thank you for reading! ❤️❤️❤️