28 | All of Me

Issa long one, but I love it. I hope you do too. 
I hope you're having a wonderful day/night, my rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Serenity.

"Hey, baby," Harry's voice captured my heart as I heard him through my phone's speakers.

Harry was summoned for a meeting in Toronto and left two days ago. It was a sudden trip, but he had to go, and I was missing him incredibly since then. We haven't had the proper chance to talk because of his busy schedule.

"Hey. I was wondering when you were going to call," I told him, closing my front door. Luna came to greet me, curling her body around my leg. I picked her up in my arms and placed a kiss atop her head.

"Sorry, I just got back to the hotel. I've had such a long fucking day. Back to back meetings. One of them was at a different building, and thanks to Iris, she accidentally gave me the wrong address. I showed up late. What kind of professional CEO shows up late? She's lucky she's good at her job or else I would've fired her," he said, frustration dripping in his tone.

"You mean, you're lucky her and I are friends, that's why." I smiled to myself as I set my cat down on the couch. 

He chuckled on the other line. "That's partially true. I've decreased the amount of firing since we started dating. Seems that people work better when they see that I'm content with the effort they produce."

"All the more reason to stay happy all the time," I said, "You get more benefits."

"What are you up to?" he asked, ignoring my comment as he shuffled around in the background.

"Just got home. I had my final class at the temporary studio, so you can end the temporary rental contract. I haven't thanked you for that, so thank you, Harry. It really meant so much to me."

"It was nothing, Essie. I wanted to help," he spoke, "So what else filled my girl's time today?"

"I went to the gym, then met up with Riv and Mars. Iris met us at the coffee shop. It's been a while since I've seen them, so my free time worked out."

"It's been a while since I've hit the gym. Might go down there in a bit after I prepare a few things for the meeting tomorrow."

"Meetings are dreadful."

"That's my life. I've gotten used to it."

"Do you ever get tired of them?"

"No, not really. My job is my passion, and I love it. I liked being able to make a change in the world when it comes to environmental design. I never miss a single meeting for those."

"I dig my green-loving man."

"I'm glad you dig me." He chuckled.

"I absolutely dig you, pretty."

"What are — fuck, I have another line. I have to take it. I'll call you back as soon as I finish. Is that okay?"

"I'll be upset if you don't. Go now," I spoke, and Harry muttered a soft, "Bye, love," before hanging up.

Love.

That made my heart melt and butterflies erupt in my tummy.

I doubted that Harry noticed what he said, but I was over the moon because of it. I wasn't going to bring it up again, just in case it would trigger any other emotions he had.