42 | Stand By Me

Hiii bestiesss!

This is part two of a double update, so if you haven't read 41 already, go do that!

But look who's finally back! We got our boy Harry!

Let's see what's gonna go down in this one. So yeah...without further ado, I hope you enjoy this one, my precious rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Harry.

Fuck.

I messed up.

Did someone possess my body to go over to Serenity's studio and confess my love for her there?

Are you that daft and stupid, Harry? Yes. Yes, you are, you son of a bitch.

I have no idea if she even feels the same way, or even wants anything to do with me, especially after what I did to her. Her studio means everything to her and I fucked up real bad. When I left her a month ago, I got on the phone with my lawyer to see what I could do, because there had to be a loophole in the contract.

That same time was when my brain decided to make an appearance from where it was — shoved far up my ass.

Yeah, that's exactly how it felt. Almost as if my heart had joined it too.

Though, my feelings had a mind of their own.

I couldn't wait to hear what she had to say in response to my confession. I knew that she didn't expect or see it coming, and I'm glad that it went that way.

There was one reason I left so suddenly and it was because of my own insecurities — even though those fucked me over before, but this was different.

I was afraid of hearing the truth so soon. I needed to give myself some time to breathe and think over what I'd done. Somehow, I believe that it was a mistake; but the bigger part of me, says it was the best decision I ever made. It had nothing to do with Serenity but only myself.

I never told Serenity in the past that my ex had cheated on me because just from the expression I got when I brought up some painful memories, she cried. She couldn't believe how cruel someone could be to another person — especially to someone they loved, but there was a bit more to that story that I didn't say.

I didn't say it, because I couldn't.

And it was the same reason as to why I couldn't wait.

Because the same day I told Madison I loved her was the same day she said she's been cheating on me. She went on saying that she regretted it and it was only a kiss. My younger self was young, naïve, and so fucking stupid. She was my first and only girlfriend at the time, so I believed and forgave her. It's just how I thought couples worked things out — even if it was cheating. A problem, you'd fix it with forgiveness.

That wasn't the case, though, and I found out the hard way.

What was even worse was that the night after I proposed and she said 'yes,' I came home early after work to spend time with my fiancée. But I walked into our apartment to see an unpleasant surprise.

Madison was fucking the guy she supposedly 'only kissed' — in our bed.

She played me from the start. My wealth was the only reason she wanted to be with me. It was all a game to her. She only wanted to marry me, then take half of what I owned when she planned to divorce me six months into our 'marriage.' Of course, that was her plan after I took the title of CEO.