38 | The Lady In Red

Hi bestiesss! I'm back with a good one.......

Like the past couple, it's a both perspective chapter, and Harry's in it, is my favourite. I hope you like it as much as I do!

There's a LONG author's note at the end. PLEASE read it and watch the video. Anyway, that's all for now.

Enjoy, my precious rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Harry.

"Harry, what is this?" My sweet girl repeated.

But, again, I didn't answer her.

I took a few steps towards the centre of the room, looking over at the man standing at the bar waving to turn on some music — and making sure to dim the lights. The mood was immediately set within us, and now it was just me and her — and the bartender.

When the music began to echo in the vast space, I turned to look at her with a smirk tugging at my lips as I saw her perplexed face.

Of course, my Essie was still confused.

As I approached her, she tilted her head slightly, slowly coming to a partial realisation.

"You want to continue our dance lessons?" Her brows furrowed. "Here?"

"No." I shook my head, then smiled. "I believe I owe you a dance, Miss Hayes. From what I recall, I'd like to move on from 'lethal dancing,' and so something a little more dangerous — scandalous even."

"W-what? How?" She stuttered, and I found it adorable.

"I told you I had two left feet, and I did..." I started, "...but then, when I had you in my arms that night you taught me to dance, I remembered it all."

"Elaborate, please," she spoke, trying to understand things.

"My dad has me take lessons during the summers, you know, in case I ever needed to get a woman's attention for a business deal. According to him, it attracts potential money. I hated going because of two reasons, I didn't want to, and the reason as to why I had to take them."

"You're joking," she said in disbelief, taking a few steps towards me.

"I wish I was, love," I replied, reaching out to take hold of her hand.

"So why didn't you tell me afterwards?"

"I was afraid. I hated dancing in front of people, and I didn't have enough confidence to dance period — nonetheless with someone like you."

A surprised chuckle escaped her lips. "Someone like me? What about me?"

"A professional dancer, Essie. What else?" I chuckled. "That's other than the fact that if I let you know, I thought you'd always make me dance."

"I'd never do that, Harry," she assured me.

"I know now." A smile curled on our lips, then we let out a small laugh. "Plus, you also threatened to break my toes with your stilettos. My eagerness might've depleted since then."

And just as I leaned to kiss her, she let go and gracefully walked to the exact centre of the ballroom.

"I think it's enough chatting for now. Are you going to just stand there or show me your moves?" Serenity asked, a brow raised in question. "What will it be, Tiger?"

I followed her, slowly removing my suit jacket as I did so. Serenity's eyes travelled towards my neck, further revealing her stained lips upon my skin, resulting in a wicked smirk on her face. Curling her finger towards me, taunting me as she waited patiently for me. I could tell that she was very proud of her little teasing actions earlier, but she had no idea who she was dealing with.