The Prologue

"Ah... it's raining." 

These creatures called humans, are they weak beings? Well, maybe they are physically, but they may not be mentally. So, does that mean they can fight? If their earth was in danger, may it be an internal conflict or an attack from elsewhere, can the humans really cope by themselves? The answer is simply no. Humans are weak creatures. All humans are cowards. All humans are selfish. All human are the worst.

Equally worst and equally perfect.

But the problem with being perfect is that you cannot improve. On the other hand, you can easily become more worse than you are.

All humans are not equally worst, they are all worst in their own ways. Everyone is especially worse.And no one is the best because no one can improve.

That is reality.

Nothing has changed in thousands of years.

They may believe there had been a positive change. They may believe in themselves. They may believe that their kind is knowledgeable and strong both physically and mentally. Then, tell me this, why have these highly intelligent beings yet to discover peace? A basic concept that has yet to be reached. Believed to be elusive yet can be obtained through mere unity. Why is peace unattainable for them? If they are the best, why don't they prove it?

Or are they saying... peace doesn't exist?

Omorfia

That word rattled in my head.

Omorfia

A word that is peace by just hearing it. 

The truth is, no matter what, peace is unattainable. Even if there were no sins, there would still be no peace. 

But the word Omorfia, a word I have never heard before until now. A familiar place; a place that would sooth my soul by just thinking about it.

Maybe, just maybe... peace is possible.

"Hmm? What are you spacing out for, Asmodeus?" My mind suddenly came back to earth.

"Huh... what do you mean?" Of course, denying it would be futile. But my head was blank, a response of denial would be impossible with my current state.

"Don't try and deny it, you were almost walking into that pole just ahead of you-"

"What pole?"

BANG! 

Suddenly, my head bumped into a metal pole that happened to enter my path.

"-that pole..."

That really hurt but fortunately, I was now fully awake. I rubbed the red mark that steadily formed on my head. There was no blood, looks like I'll still live. 

 "So? Why were you spacing out? Did you miraculously remember that you left the stove on? It's too late to go back now because that would mean missing school. And today is our last day as year elevens, you know?"

He completely went off topic but that also reminded me. Today was the last day of secondary school. We would say goodbye to the 5 years of this school. The bittersweet memories shall never be forgotten. Anyway, back to the subject. The reason I was spacing out was, unfortunately for him, not because I left the stove on.

To change the subject, I threw a question that made me curious for an answer. "Say, can peace be attained? Even if the existence of sins were to be ignored, can we still reach world peace? Or are these wars still going to interfere with our ideal world?"