Chapter 1: Proof that the Devil lived

He had yet to kiss goodbye to a mother, nor wave goodbye to a father. He simply left following his newly established daily routine and wasted not a single second on farewell partings.

 Was it because he lived alone? Far from it. 

So why did he not utter even the word 'goodbye' to his family? 

That is because not even such an emotionally impactful word can brighten up any day in this gloomy world.

Not after the impacts of the 75th world war. 

In the world where justice had withered and atrocity had surged exponentially. In the year 1560, where humanity was conducted by evil whilst managing to convince themselves their deeds were the deeds of goodness. It was as if the devils borrowed their souls and tainted them with impurities. The incurable fate befell the human race. Even if the world reunited to create a peaceful world, it only took a single monster to crush their dreams. 

 A single devil. 

Asmodeus Izak gazed up at the grey clouds with crestfallen eyes and drooping shoulders. The vicinity surrounding him was brimming with rubbles of destroyed houses, most likely due to the recent fiasco of their country. Partaking in the war, and losing horrifically. Families perishing, survivors disheartened, world dejected. The beauty of the earth surrendering into the hands of unsightliness, all that's left is the unsightly land atop the crimson sea.It

 had been one year since that same war that took everything. All was just about under control and peaceful... for now. 

"Wow..." 

He stood before the college he was about to enter. This college, including all schools in the world, were closed for 5 years. Due to the war, no time can be spared to teach people in the midst of a battlefield. Ever since the war had concluded, the country reopened all standing schools and threw everyone, below 20, multiple exams in order to determine what year of education was best suited for them. And after one year, they would be decided.And so, Asmodeus Izak, the 20-year-old student, had stood before the college he was deemed worthy to attend. 

 "It's ugly..." he sighed. Naturally, as all buildings had not been modernized for 5 whole years, the college was unbelievably run down and exuded an ancient aura. 

 "It's fine, I guess." He, at the very least, had the honour to even attend a college. Poverty was prevalent throughout the world. With the significant reduction of money, food and even water, people lived in horrible states. 

 In fact, he should be honoured to be a part of the small minority living normally after a large scaled war. 

 "Now... what?" He stood alone next to the gates. "Even if it is ugly, it's still huge... where do I even go?"With no sign of the entry, with no sign of direction, Asmodeus stood clueless. 

If only he had someone to guide him in his difficult time... 

"Hey! Asmodeus!" suddenly, a voice called out to him. As if a glimmer of hope shone on his depressing world, Asmodeus turned over to where the voice sounded. It was familiar, as well as a voice that he had longed to hear. 

"No...ah?" 

"Yep! That's me!" 

"Ah, Noah!" 

"Asmodeus!" 

They both run and wrap their arms around each other. The hug comprising of bittersweet nostalgia but also the ecstasy of reuniting. 

 "It's been five years... eh?" Asmodeus softly whispered. A tear rolled slowly down his cheek. 

"Yeah... I thought you were dead... I thought we were dead." Noah also cried. 

"I never thought the day would come... where we could embrace each other like this. Not in this world..." Finally, a smile that could only be hoped to express through happiness formed, in his face bereft of such emotion. 

"Thank God..." 

After all the cruelty, after all the bloodshed, he thanked God for, at the very least, granting him his sole friend, Noah Unterdrucker.