Chapter 1: Proof that the Devil lived (Part 3)

Subsequent departing, Asmodeus took a detour.

Dusk had hit, as the sun fell low. Yet still, the rubbles of the houses struck by war stood out from the darkness. Besides the rubble lied the homeless, begging for some sort of support. The cries of agony echoing endlessly in that town. Impossible to unhear. Impossible to mend. One can only move forward.

Asmodeus kept walking forward. There's no helping the inevitable; those who were affected by war was bound to die. Fate has already decided the outcome. Even if he were to aid those in need, there's no fixing psychological trauma or physical damage. Humans were weak. The weakest of all. And the problem with being weak is that the image of power is unreachable. That they live their lives only to die fulfilling nothing. That they live their lives only to dread the outcomes of it.

Yet, Asmodeus survived unscathed even after war. With no family deaths nor financial problems, he still lived on. With no shortage of food and water, he still lived on. With no worries of his physical and mental health, he still lived on.

There was a special reason for this. 

As healthy and muscular as he was, he still feared death. As anyone, he would always darken his mood at the thought of dying. Yet for him, death would be approaching as slow as a snail. His life span was abnormal and his physicality and strength exceeds those around him. 

There was a special reason to this. 

His manner of speaking and his view on life was unusual for a human. He cared for anyone and everything and did not remain selfish or be filled with envy. He would always share what he had, treated others as if he were treating himself, spoke in a polite and caring manner and help those around him. 

There was a special reason to this. 

He had to bear the insults he received from the bullies including the insults regarding his name. He always felt offended and always clenched his fist in anger. Yet still, the cage in his heart remained shut. He had a duty to fulfil on this world. A duty he gave to himself. 

There was a special reason for this. 

"Why is life hard to live through?" 

As he stopped by the end of the rubble-flooded road, he asked this question to himself. 

 "If life was a rose, would we be happy?" 

Swaying endlessly under the roaring wind. Yet still, no violence or conflicts are within a life of a rose. No fear of battles or wars, they only live whilst enjoying the world. If life was a rose, we would only fear death. But a life of a rose can also be a lonesome one. 

"Maybe I can..." 

Before he entered his home, he had one last thought.You see, Asmodeus was special. If he were in a fight against 10 people, he would be most likely to win. If he were to survive one month without food or water, he would survive easily. If he were to lose a limb or suffer a major wound, in terms of probability, we would most likely to survive at the end.His home was also special. It was not far from the city yet it was millions upon billions of miles away. It would take Asmodeus seconds to enter his home yet for a normal person, it would not even be accessible. And in his home, every dweller within it were as special as him, if not, more special. But even so, crimes and malevolence were more prevalent in his hometown than that of the city he stood on. 

He was a member of evil.

A figure of despair. 

A being of cruelty. 

A selfish existence. 

You see, his home... was a place called the underworld and Asmodeus himself... was a Devil.