Chapter 2: The Body of the Shadow

The knocking of his door grew louder and louder, until it opened without Asmodeus's consent. 

Despite this, Asmodeus hadn't moved an inch. 

"You're still in bed, brother? Have you overlooked the life you sought as a student, and decided to devote yourself to your devilish side? Or, perhaps, are in that phase of life where one cannot retaliate against his worldly affairs?" Astaroth came in whilst digging his fingers into his ears. "Guess I said too much." 

"It's just a headache, brother. Do not misunderstand," Asmodeus replied, his voice muffled by his soaked pillow. 

"Ah, that must be it!" Astaroth interlocked his fingers. "Now, now! Those humans must be tiring, aren't they? You should just remain here and-" 

"They are not the cause..." 

"Is that so..." Astaroth muttered with a bitter look."

I need some peace, so can you leave?" Asmodeus finally spared a single eye for Astaroth. 

 "Ah, you see, I came here for a purpose." He stood upright and deepened his voice, "Asmodeus, you are forced to arise immediately. The Devil King orders all devils once again to have the honour of entering the castle for a meeting. Must you not attend, the circular rear of his assistant shall be the final frame of before your death." 

Asmodeus shot up from his bed. 

"The meeting... is today, eh?" 

"I could inform Abaddon of your absence, but I cannot guarantee your safety. Either you must come to this honourable meeting... or, face the uncertain future of death." 

Asmodeus, as if cured from his headache, stood up and placed his hand on his cheek, where the mark of sin is located, "I'll go..." 

They both walk out of their mansions and walked towards the castle, which cannot be fully seen within a 1000km radius. The castle large enough to fit seven billion devils, and a devil king. It was not known of who built this castle, nor how long he built it. All the devils needed to know was that it was the gracious home of he who is the Devil King. 

"Where's father? Isn't he-" 

"He went out early to deal with a rebel. Most probably inflicting the punishment of however many whips onto the rebel as possible." 

"Rebel? People still are refusing to be under his rule?" 

"His..?" Astaroth abruptly halted. "Asmodeus, rephrase that sentence." 

"Huh?" 

"Don't 'huh' me!" Asmodeus jumped. "We do not merely refer our leader as 'his'! Such disrespect is too significant to be overlooked! Such disrespect to our overlord who has the mercy of keeping us alive! Asmodeus!" He held him by his shoulders, "Even if I may be your brother, I would not show mercy when whipping you for your shameful choice of words! Now, repent!" 

"H-Huh? I-Im sorry! I meant the rightful ruler of this hellish race, the Devil King! I'm terribly sorry!" His lips trembling along with his entire body, Asmodeus made apparent his profound despair to his lord. 

"Who rules atop pinnacle, atop Gods, atop Angels, atop the creator of reality?" 

"T-The 2cDevilKing!" 

"Who is the lord who grants us sins, as well as the flames of hell?" 

"T-The almighty Devil King!" 

"Who is your one and only lord?""The Devil King!" 

... 

There was intense silence between the pair. Such silence was also sending shivers down the devils around them, who quickly fled the scene. Asmodeus and Astaroth did not speak, nor did those who overheard their conversation. After a few seconds of inner conflict, Astaroth released the grip of his hands off Asmodeus's shoulder and sighed. 

"I'm relieved, you haven't forgotten the supremacy of our lord. I'm glad, Asmodeus." He formed a smile that comprised solely of his relief, "If I hadn't reprimanded you, those around us would report your poor choice of language and you would be punished. But I'm glad you made up for your ignorance. Now, let's get going, shall we? At this rate, we will indeed be late!" 

Astaroth walked faster whilst Asmodeus still stood still. He still trembled after his brother's sudden change of attitude. After all, those not emphasizing the greatness of their lord was to be greatly punished no matter how minor the crime was. He was just barely let off the hook by the mercy of his brother, and of course, the mercy of the Devil King. 

 Past several devils fighting among themselves. 

Past homeless devils seeking to restore hope into their lives. 

Past stray devils seeking euthanasia, as their very hands are cursed from ending its owner. 

Past the rotten corpses of suicidal beings who was unable to attain redemption. 

All those they passed had a mutual factor in their lives, their journey towards their lord. For the time where all devils, even the dead, gather to meet their honoured king. 

"We're here..."With a lifeless beast towering over them did they watch; the castle of doomsday.

"It's... huge...!" exclaimed Asmodeus. 

"And inside..." Astaroth led Asmodeus inside Doomsday Castle.And what they found was...

"KNEEL! YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR LORD! KNEEL! YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR OVERLORD!" shouted the assistant. Ringing the bells that rattled excruciatingly in their head. Signifying the arrival of monstrosity. 

He who came from the darkness was the bearer of the overwhelming burden of all sin straining his muscles responsible of carrying it. His trident grasped and his face wrinkled, the owner of Hell entered and sat on his throne tainted with malevolence. 

He was none other than the ruler of the underworld. 

The ruler of all devils. 

The 2cDevilKing.