𝐈. 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲

Kayden stood next to a coffee-haired girl, who ushered him into the building with more force than energy. The angel would open the doors to the office very slowly, probably to build up nervousness, he thought. He nodded towards the girl as she only stated the obvious, which was them being at the building. He was kinda tuning out some things right now, this was.. Wack.

"Friends, we have a new recruit!!!" She then suddenly pushed Kayden forward without warning, smiling widely. The girl then suddenly walked away from behind him, yawning as she made her way over to her personal cubicle.

Well.. Everything was normal for the most part; there was a red- pink, haired gir- demon, sprawled out on a nearby velvet couch. His thoughts had been a bit scrambled, probably pre-nervousness. She had platformed boots that laid disrespectfully on a coffee table that was nearby, and she seemed to be spinning a.. A knife. A butterfly knife. And- Oh. He took his gaze off of the bored demon, and placed it on a white haired angel, that he assumed was the boss, came out from below; clothes stained red. Red with blood.

Suddenly, the pink-haired demon that he had took his gaze off of for like, 2 seconds- was in front of him, bouncing out of excitement. She grinned sinisterly as she chirped, "Kehehe! Hello hellooo? Someone there? Kiddiiing! Hiiii!"

Oh gosh- She had a slightly condescending tone at the end, and just a condescending aura in all, but he chose to brush it off. It was.. Probably normal! Oh. A..nother person! It was another angel, one with heterochromia like the girl who escorted him inside. The angel was much more modest, and didn't exclaim or remark anything, but he gave a modest bow in replacement of a verbal greeting. He then looked toward Kayden, his periwinkle and blush eyes examining him.

Well, Kayden thought it'd only be proper if he were to introduce back, after all it'd be- Pretty rude if he didn't!- "Oh uh— Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to meet you!" The brown haired boy smiled, bowing a bit. "My name is uh- Kayden!" He slightly stuttered, his tone was friendly and honestly.. He didn't look like a person who would take a job like this one.

The girl in front of him was the first to speak up, and she looked perplexed, blinking at him with big, slightly confused doll eyes. "Uhh. I don't mean to be rude but, Kayden, are ya sure you took the right job? You're kinda..." She glanced him up and down awkwardly. "You know."

Ack- Her condescending aura was.. Definitely showing now. He then noticed that there was a pastel-colored neko sitting in an office chair, carelessly spinning around. Maybe she hadn't been told this, yet! It was.. Alright.

Everyone had introduced themselves after, and it was all a pretty hazy blur. Alright, so... Demon girl was.. Vera! Heterochromia guy was Daisuke, and then the other angels were Ace, Gabriel, and Sianel. And my gosh, never had he seen so much people of different kingdoms in the same place-

Suddenly, as he was just getting settled in, a pink haired angel, Ace, grabbed a megaphone and yelled into it, standing in front of everyone.

"Hello folks! I have an announcement! The company pitched in and finally got us whiteboard paint, so now the entire wall behind the cubicles is dedicated to the co--workers. On another note, brand new missions have been posted up on the mission wall. Mostly pair missions, so I'd recommend finding a buddy. Anyway, thank you for your time. I'm off to get my daily fix.""

He stated, then just.. Walking out the door after that. Kayden sat there, a bit confused; and looked at all the others discussing among themselves. Aiko seemed particularly annoyed, Vera was just.. feeling awkward, from what he could see, and then he looked at Daisuke, who was as composed as he was like- 20 minutes ago. Then, right after Ace had walked out, he came right back in, megaphone still in hand, but noticeably grumpier. He held up the megaphone, and groaned. "Grumpy pants up there said that it is required I stay a full day and that you guys get at least one mission. Keep your performance ratings in mind. I'd recommend newbies get a partner mission." And then left once more, stomping as he walked.

Oh! Well, Kayden was quite excited about this. He let himself wonder about the mission. "Woah first mission- that's fun! I wonder who I'm gonna work with," Kayden mumbled. "Ah- its only recommended though right? That's good I guess," He chuckled anxiously. Well.. Screw-ups were always- Definitely, possible. Aha..

"I'd recommend you getting a partner mission as well, since you're new and all. Also since it's your first day here." Daisuke suddenly spoke up behind Kayden, leading him to his cubicle. Daisuke gestured at it, nodding slightly. "Here it is." Daisuke paused for a bit, and then offered, "You could work with me if you'd like." He said, but also seemed to ponder for a bit afterwards. Well- Kayden certainly wasn't expecting that, but he didn't mind! "Ah right- Wait, I can work with you?" Kayden blinked, a bit surprised. "Thank you! I promise won't mess up. I mean- yes I would like to work with you," Kayden bowed modestly as a thank you. He then looked over to the cubicle, "Oh right, thank you for the tour,"

Daisuke nodded toward Kayden, "Great. Actually, sorry, but that wasn't the tour." He stated blankly, he didn't seem mad or anything- but his lack of emotion was still a bit intimidating. "If you want, the tour can wait, we'll have time after missions." He offered, now seeming more affirmative.

..But even though Kayden was sure Daisuke wasn't mad, he was still pretty embarrassed. He wasn't even here for an hour and he's messed up around 4 times! "Ah I-It wasn't? — my bad," He apologized, once again embarrassed by his mistake. "Oh- yeah its fine with me," He mumbled softly, looking away. Daisuke had reassured him that he hadn't done anything wrong, after that. And their mission was fulfilled, set for tomorrow. Kayden was sure everything would be fine, now. It'd all go smoothly with a Rank 5 by him!

Little did he know what this mission would lead to.