𝐈𝐕. 𝐌𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

The basement was typically very well decorated, and your expectation of a shabby dusty basement was not upheld here, and it looked more like a living room of a high-class house.

This time.. It outdid itself completely. Kayden walked in and looked up immediately, and he didn't know where the sudden 3 chandeliers came from, or where the new silk tablecloths and china plates were manufactured. Gabriel really outdid himself for this.. is it so important? Kayden silently wondered to himself as his sleeved arm reached for a champagne glass, and, although it was a small amount-- he didn't take it. He knew his limits, and he wasn't going to embarrass himself. Especially not in front of him.

He wasn't too sure on what to do. He hasn't been to any big events in so much years and the one person he could rely on wasn't here- He debated silently on heading to a corner and breaking down silently or just running out of the door and never looking back. Or, at the worst case, both at once. Whirlwinds of thoughts filled his head as the event continued on, and the stuffy harp playing filled his ears and the obnoxious scent of sweets, pastries, 3 course meals, and did he forget to mention sweets?-- intruded into his nose.

"Hey Kayden." Someone said behind him, and he was snapped back to reality-- and turned around far quicker than he wanted to admit, and he also didn't want to admit that he hoped it was Daisuke- And it wasn't. Aiko giggled at him with a grin and pointed as she stuffed her face with deserts. "What's wrong with you? Your face looks weird. Haha!" Her voice was shrill, her face filled with sadism as she laughed, and all he could do was sigh. It didn't seem like he had any energy. ..Okay, maybe he would really, really appreciate a drink or two right now. Just get a little tipsy.

Kayden didn't even realize when Aiko had left her spot, or when the tables were filling up with more delicacies, or when Daisuke had went by his side. "Kayden." And Kayden swore that he looked like a giddy, predictable middle schooler right now when he recognized his voice, whirled too quickly, and when he sighed in relief and had to catch himself so he wouldn't fall on Daisuke's shoulder. And Daisuke looked at him in a sort of way. "Do you need a drink?" Daisuke asked calmly, the strange look on his face gone as quick as it came. Kayden was shocked by what he asked.

"Oh- Uh, no thanks. It might help but.. I'd rather not get embarrassed." He wanted to tell Daisuke he was out of his mind, and ask what on Earth was he thinking? But all of his previous words of disbelief disappeared on the tip of his tongue when he looked at the man in front of him, and he assumed it was simply his aura, though he was never a fan of that, it was the only explanation. "You aren't feeling well, though."
"Doesn't matter."
"I'll keep watch of you. I'm here for a reason." For a reason? Which one was that? Did he think he was just babysitting? Kayden was slightly offended, and completely forgot the need for a drink right now.

"I've seen you drunk, it's nothing that's impossible to handle. Really." Daisuke attempted to say reassuringly, but Kayden was more shocked and embarrassed at how Daisuke has seen him drunk. And his reaction must have been clear, because Daisuke's unusually adamant tone sunk to his monotone one now. "It's all your choice, though." and for some reason, that comforted Kayden. Even though people usually said that when they were giving up, it was different. But not much. He sighed a small "Fine.." and the other one lead him to a wall. A book wall. But he didn't question it, because he knew that things here definitely were not normal. If that wasn't already obvious to him, he'd be hopeless. The unexpected happened- which was expected- and the wall opened up, to reveal a bar.

No one but the two of them and the bartender were in the room, and it was silent if you didn't consider the soft plucking of the harp in the main area outside, which was more of a background tune than an active song. Kayden walked over to the bar table and dragged himself up onto the stool, looking into the upper left corner. Nothing was extremely special about it- It was just another discreet way of slipping in and out, leading into an alleyway with intense airs. Kayden sighed and turned back to his front, but didn't see Daisuke next to him already, which gave him a bit of a fright.