Part 4

You lay in your quiet room on the large bed you often shared with your lover. He was absent at the moment, meaning you had the whole bed to yourself. Of course, that also meant you didn't have your large heater and comfortable bear hug either.

Even with the giant bed all to yourself, it felt more empty than usual as you found yourself cuddling into your lover's pillow. His masculine and overwhelming scent covered his side of the bed and it soothed you to have that bit of familiarity. Wrapping your arms and legs around the pillow that you held firmly in your grasp, you were content to sleep.

A sudden flash of light drew you from your deep slumber, making you sleepily respond in a whine of confusion. Blearily blinking open your eyes, you yelped with a sudden shot of fear as you saw the looming shape standing over you. The deep and familiar chuckle gave you pause as you focused on the dark visage more intensely, seeing the familiar grin of your lover.

"Uvo, don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry, Princess. You were way too cute and innocent to not take a picture for later."

A red blush enflamed your face as he turned the screen of his phone to show you the photo he had taken. You were clinging to the pillow much like a koala would, cheek pressed firmly against the soft bedding. Your face was peaceful and it looked like he had been holding the blanket up to get a good shot of your whole body.

"You're cute as hell when you sleep, you know that? So adorable and soft squished up on the pillow."

The large man was still grinning as you pouted, knowing he was going to tease you relentlessly about it. Taking the pillow with you, you slid over to your side of the bed so Uvogin could sit down and join you. After a moment of hearing clothes shuffling and dropping, you felt the large man lay on the bed next to you.

"That's my pillow, you thief." "Mine now."

"Oh, really? What would it take to get it back, Princess?"

"Hmm... A back rub?"

You didn't miss the gleam of mischief in his eyes in response to your suggestion. Usually, it didn't take long for you and Uvogin to wind up messing around when he got back from his 'business trips' far away from home. The man was near impossible to resist and the problem was that he knew it too.

You always enjoyed his return even if it usually leaves you bed-bound due to the intense nature of the reconnecting session of love-making. He said it was business trips he was going on every time he disappeared, but you knew him better than that. Uvogin was not the kind of man to settle for some pencil-pushing job or a completely domestic lifestyle.

As far as you figured, it was likely something to do