Acknowledgments

Someone close to me recently said she wanted to read my "vampire books." This person (who shall remain nameless, but whom I love very much) is not much of a reader, so I didn't hesitate to unshelve the manuscripts and brush off the cobwebs. Globally speaking, we will never forget how strange and scary the year 2020 was. Since 2021 is shaping up to be no less strange or scary in the United States given the ongoing pandemic and current political climate, it was comforting to surround myself with familiar characters and escape into their world for a while as I revised the Blood Type trilogy.

My writing has changed somewhat (hopefully for the better) since Blood Type was first published in 2012, and even since Blood Stain was published in 2016. My intention with these revisions was to spruce the books up a bit without completely changing Blake's journey. After all, if I allowed myself to make significant alterations, that would ruin the integrity of the original story. As a general philosophy, I try to appreciate things for what they are, not what I wish they were or would like them to be.

Now on to the acknowledgments, which I will keep short.

My sincerest thanks to every reader who made it through all three books and is now reading these final words. I have been asked on numerous occasions if there will be a fourth book in this series. My answer is no. Much like Blake's parents had to let her go in the end, so must I. She has her own life to live now, and I will leave it up to the reader to imagine what that life looks like. Also, there are other characters in my head who need me to tell their story. Too many stories, not enough time.

With that, I want to wish all of you happy reading!

Melissa

1/9/2021