Boy's Life of Despair - Class Trial

"Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!" Monokuma began. "So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out 'whodunnit,' then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one... then I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate! Okay then, so first off, let's talk about the murder weapon!"

Wasn't that the exact same thing he said last time? Oh well, it's not like it matters.

"Sayaka, Kotoko," Peko crossed her arms as she constantly looked between the two, "you two were on guard duty. Did you find any fatal injuries?"

Sayaka started of with a hefty sigh, the type of sigh one would give when they're about to tell disappointing news. "Kotoko and I unfortunately couldn't find many external wounds on the body."

"The bleeding had stopped and any blood we could have used to trace back any injury was all washed away and replaced with water since he was in the pool overnight." Kotoko further explained. "So all we have to go off of is the Monokuma File."

"Well Fuyuhiko was found in the pool," Taka pointed an accusatory finger; not at anyone in particular, but in a way that would emphasize the point he was trying to prove, "so he must have died by drowning!"

Mahiru palmed her cheek and frowned. "So he was killed in the pool?"

"So Fuyuhiko would have to go up to the 2nd floor, go into the boys' locker room, and enter the pool." Hiyoko tilted her head to the side and put a finger to the edge of her mouth. According to Junko, those two gestures are common when conveying confusion or clarification. "Does that line up with any evidence?"

Does it? I thought about anything we found in the boys' locker room when Ibuki and I searched... and came up with nothing. Nagito even emphasized how little evidence there was... wait!

"Actually," I tried to ignore all the eyes on me as I began to explain, "I don't think Fuyuhiko even entered the boys' locker room."

Miu scoffed. "And why do you think that, Pookuro?"

"Well, Miu—" I practically spat out her name— "when Nagito, Ibuki and I investigated the boys locker room, we came up with absolutely nothing!"

Expressions ranging from confused to pity to second-hand embarrassment were plastered on everyone's faces. If I had a seat to shrink back in, I would have. What I just said didn't make much sense.

Thankfully, Ibuki came to my rescue. "What she mean to say is that there wasn't any proof that Fuyuhiko went into the boys' locker room, so he might have entered the pool using another way."

"You'd think that he would have left a swimsuit or bag full of belongings or workout clothes," Nagito waved around his black marker as he spoke, "but there was nothing."

"That does seem a little odd." Shuichi muttered before looking up at us. "So he must have used the girls' locker room, then?"

Despite agreeing with him, Nagito laughed at his suggestion. "Really? Do you think that's the answer?"

Shuichi seemed taken aback; he lowered his cap as an excuse to not make eye contact. "N-no... I was just throwing out suggestions... sorry."

"Well we got one option," Kotoko crossed her arms as she leaned against her podium, "but are there any other ways?"

"I seriously doubt it." Makoto said as he cradled Kuroba with both his hands. "After checking the map on the handbook, and looking at the building itself, there's no way to enter the pool without first entering either locker room."