Chapter 13: Wake Up Call

As Javí woke early that morning, he reached out for Eve but felt nothing but the coolness of her sheets beside him

As Javí woke early that morning, he reached out for Eve but felt nothing but the coolness of her sheets beside him. He rolled over on his back and groaned as he felt the results of the night's activities in his sore and tired muscles. If he was going to keep dating a woman like Eve, he was going to need to give up smoking or start working out. Pleasuring that woman had really taken a lot out of him. In Eve, Javi really had met his match. But having said that, he had thoroughly enjoyed every single second with her.

Maybe it was the generous role he took on last night, but even his best nights visiting brothels back in the day weren't as memorable as giving Eve what she needed. But as tired as he was, Javíer found himself disappointed that his girl wasn't there for another round in the morning before work.

His girl. Man, he had it bad. Javí hadn't felt this way since he was a teenager back in Texas. He found himself filled with hope on that bright and sunny morning. Even though it was a new feeling, Javi was quickly becoming addicted to it.

Memories of their late night shower flooded his memory. Him and Eve had simply taken turns washing each other's bodies. Javi had even tried his hand at washing Eve's hair after she had lovingly done the same for him. Then they had held each other under the spray of the shower in a peaceful silence until they ran out of hot water. It was so easy and in a lot of ways, their shower had been even more intimate than the amazing sex they had. It was a memory that Javi wished he could hold on to forever. He had no idea how long they would last and never wanted to forget a single second of the whole night and how it made him feel.

As he laid there in her bed alone, Javier wondered to himself if this was what love was supposed to feel like. Maybe it was the closest that he would ever get to the real thing. Damn, it really did feel as good as people said it would feel.

Instead of getting up to find her, Javí grabbed her pillow and buried his face in it to hide his cheesy grin. He knew that he would never get his fill of that woman, he mused. How the hell was he going to stop touching her at work? It was as if his body craved her in a way that he couldn't control. He was curious to know if he had the same effect on her - he really hoped so.

Sleepovers are for boyfriends, Javíer recalled what Eve had once said to him.

Was he really seriously dating someone, Javíer considered as the bright Colombian sun streamed in through Eve's bedroom window. What would Murphy think if he could see him now? Chasing after some hard to get Senator's daughter and not forgetting all about her the morning after. If anything, Javíer was more obsessed with Eve now than he'd ever been.

Steve probably would have a good time laughing at him for getting in so deep. Murphy had always implied that this day would come, but Javíer had shrugged off all of his old partner's teasing for years. Murphy loved ribbing him for not settling down and defended the married life to him every chance he got. Javí got shit for being a perpetual bachelor from a lot of people, actually. Some even took bets on him ending up with a retired prostitute one day when he was old and grey. If he even made it to a ripe old age, that is.