A Piece of You

tw//alcohol

-×-

To say Seoho was heartbroken was undermining the deep-rooted feelings he had developed for his junior, Kim Geonhak.

The worst part was that even if he opened up to anybody about the clinch in his chest that worsened day by day, nobody would have believed him.

They would laugh him off for all they saw was constant trifles and bickering between the two; Seoho constantly pestering the younger with unnecessary questions and Geonhak replying with a smack to his head telling him to mind his own business.

That was just it between them and as odd at it may seem, Seoho was accustomed to their relationship staying in that manner. For he knew, Geonhak would never like him back, would never even see him in that light.

From the brief conversations they had had about their past relationships, Seoho could easily deduce that Geonhak had a type, as much as he tried to deny it.

He liked the short, cute and not to mention younger kind. The one he can take care of and not vice versa as Seoho did.

The senior knew it was because of his elder brotherly characteristics but he could not help be disappointed.

And without a doubt, he was far away from the other standards Geonhak had unconsciously set up.

Seoho would label himself as a hot mess.

People would always misinterpret him as the shy and soft-spoken type who keeps to himself due to his accumulated baby fat in his soft cheeks and smile, which often if not all the time would intrigue the other side with his mystery factor.

Whereas his friends would beg to differ knowing Seoho has the rough-languaged, ever so intruding and loud spoken type of annoying person in their group.

"Hyung, mind your language. We're in campus," Geonhak commented.

They did not have anything in common except Youngjo who had introduced them to each other.

While one was a theoretic major of Zoology, the other was the practical one of Education.

Despite his deep voice, or maybe because of it, Geonhak was polite whereas Seoho barged in with his shrill one.

"Who the fuck cares? We're adults for fucks sake!" Seoho retorted with a bored pout, continuing to nag Geonhak about joining him for a movie night. "You're coming. Five o'clock tomorrow. And don't say I'm busy. I know you don't have evening classes tomorrow."

"Says who? I'm not obliged to anything."

"You should listen to your senior, Hakie. Look at me, I'm so tired with so many projects yet I want to spend time with my precious little junior. Aren't I a nice hyung?"

Geonhak slammed his book shut and initiated a staring contest with his senior who bore a sickeningly sweet smile all the way to his eyes. "Oh really? Then why don't you sleep if you're so tired instead of dragging me to something I don't want to see."

"You're no fun. You know that?"

The book which was previously closed was now open but not before competing for its purpose as a perfect whacking tool. Seoho winced in pain and Geonhak got back to the printed words.

Evening came and to Seoho's surprise so did Geonhak, acutely wrapped up in a padded jacket and scarf, his nose twitching from the cold.

"Youngjo hyung told me you wouldn't stop whining," Geonhak reasoned as he placed the snacks he had bought from the nearby convenience store, knowing the elder well enough to expect empty kitchen cabinets.