Chapter 12

As I lay in bed I hear my door open. I turn and see Kai. He lays down next to me and wraps his arms around me.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." He shrugs.

I turn towards him, making us inches away from each other's faces. His arms were still around me.

"What do you want Kai? Don't you have a family to kill?" I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, but I feel like doing something better." He smirks.

"Nope. We're not doing this." I say as I sit up.

"Oh yeah. I forgot you have attachment issues." He rolls his eyes.

"I do not." I cross my arms.

"Yes you do. It's okay Nat."

"You know I don't like it when you call me that." I get up and open my door.

"Natalia sounds too formal and old." He follows me.

"You know it also sounds like my name."

"Whatever, Nat." He shrugs.

We go downstairs and into the kitchen. I see Damon sitting at the table with a glass of bourbon.

"When we got out of the prison world, I sort of thought this whole following me around thing would stop." I say as I look behind me and see Kai standing there.

"Nope and it's only going to get worse." He grins.

"Did you ever find Stefan?" I ask Damon.

"No, Natalia and you've been no help whatsoever." He looks down.

"Someone's grumpy." Kai says.

I chuckle at his words, but then Damon shoots us a glare.

"I need you to do a locator spell." He says.

"Okay." I say.

I grab a map and cut open Damon's hand. His blood drips onto the paper and I start the spell. I look down and see the blood trailing into Virginia.

"Um it says he's here." I say.

After I said that we hear the door open. We go to check and see Stefan passed out with a man carrying him.

"Enzo?" Damon asks.

"We brought your brother back." Caroline says walking in behind him.

"He was a pain in the ass." The man, Enzo, says.

"Thank you." I say.

"And who's this?" Enzo asks.

"I told you about my sister." Damon says.

"Oh, so this is Natalia Salvatore, nice to meet you." He takes my hand and kisses it. I smile.

"Hands off okay. She's also the love of my life." Kai says.

"Shut up." I say as I turn to him. "We aren't together or anything." I smile.

"So all those nights meant nothing to you?" Kai asks.

"Anyways," I say changing the subject. "What did you guys do to him?" I ask.

"Vervain." Caroline answers.

"Oh" Damon says.

—————————

It had been a couple of hours since Caroline and Enzo came back with Stefan. He finally started to wake up. We go up to him and look down at the sofa. His eyes finally open and he sees us. He quickly sits up and I smile at him.

"Hey Stef." I say.

"Hello brother." Damon says.

"Wh-where were you guys?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'd like to know too." Caroline says.

"It's a very long story. I'm just glad I'm back with my brothers." I smile as I hug Stefan.

"I'm bored, so I'm going to go take care of some of my own family business." Kai grins.

"I'll walk you out." I say as I get up from the sofa.

We walk towards the door and he stops in front of me.

"No hug goodbye?" He asks.

"Well, I um, wanted to know will you be back?" I ask.

"Careful, your attachment issues are showing." He grins.

"You know what, I hope you get sent to another prison world. Goodbye Malachai." I say as I turn around.

He grabs my arm and turns me back around. He smashes his lips onto mine. I kiss him back and feel him smile against my lips. I then hear someone clear their throat behind us and I quickly pull away. I turn around and see Stefan standing there.

"Bye, Nat." Kai winks.

He leaves and I go with Stefan. He looks at me weirdly and I shake my head. We join everyone else in the living room and fill them in on our time spent in the prison world.

—————————

I'm getting ready for bed when I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say.

Stefan and Damon walk in and sit on my bed. Stefan pats next to him, signaling for me to sit in between them. I sit down and take a deep breath.

"So we need to talk about you and the magic sucking weasel." Damon says.

"Damon," Stefan says.

"What is there to talk about?" I ask.

"Oh come on, we all saw what happened last time. Let's not repeat history, okay." Damon says.

"This isn't anything like last time. Kai and I don't feel anything for each other." I shrug.

"No, he may not feel anything for you, but you definitely have some feelings for him." Stefan says.

"No I don't." I say. "We don't even consider each other friends."

"Non-friends don't sleep with each other." Damon says.

"Or give each other goodbye kisses." Stefan adds.

"We were the only two people there. What were we supposed to do?"

"What about after Bonnie and I got there?"

"I'm tired." I say.

"Fine, then we'll continue this little talk in the morning." Damon says as he gets up.

"We're just trying to look out for you." Stefan says as he gives me a hug.

"I know." I softly smile.

They leave and I lay down.

TBC// hope you enjoyed 🥰