The Aftermath

Ashton
May 29th 8:43 am

        Mr. Opal tapped his pen on his pad of paper, taking some quick notes. “So, it that when you started to develop these feelings for Veronica?” Mr. Opal questioned, glancing up at me.
        I bit my lip softly and nodded. “That when I started to fall for Veronica.” I admitted, glancing at Veronica out of my peripherals. She had her legs crossed with her hands folded neatly in her lap and she was biting her lip.
        Every time she bit her lip, I couldn’t breathe. And, because of last night, every time she bites her lip, I’m going to think about what happened. How it was like she knew that I needed a green light. I felt like she knew I was a little worried she wasn’t into it, so she showed me that she wanted to do it. She wanted to do everything we did last night.
        Mr. Opal nodded and glanced down at his watched, sighing softly to himself and looking at Veronica. “So, when did you start to develop feelings for Mr. Irwin?” Mr. Opal asked, making me look at Veronica.
        Now I was kind of curious on how this all happened in her point of view. Did she start to like me when I did? Was it before I liked her? Was it after? Did she crush on me ever since her freshman year?
        Veronica bit her lip softly. “No, that wasn’t when I started to like Ashton.” Veronica said, making me slightly sad inside.
        But then I realized that might not be a bad thing. Maybe she liked me before then. Maybe she never liked me. Maybe she just played me, kinda like Maya did. “So, when did you start to like Ashton?” Mr. Opal asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.
        “I started liking him a few days after that.” Veronica said, tucking some hair behind her ear. “I fell for him at that pool party the day after.” Veronica said, glancing at me out of the corner of her eye.
        Mr. Opal raised an eyebrow and looked at Veronica confused. “Wait, you guys went to a pool party the next day together?” He questioned, picking up his pen and getting ready to write down a note or two about what Veronica was saying.
        “No, we didn’t go together.” Veronica said, laughing softly and sitting up a little in her chair. “My cousin invited me to his pool party.”
        Mr. Opal looked at me and raised an eyebrow. “And what were you doing there Ashton?” Mr. Opal questioned.
        “Her cousin’s my friend. We had a bunch of classes together our senior year.” I said, looking at Mr. Opal.
        Mr. Opal sat back in his chair, writing something down quickly before looking at Veronica and me. “So, would one of you care to tell me what happened at the pool party?” Mr. Opal asked.
        Veronica and I both look at each other for a moment. Veronica turned to Mr. Opal and nodded softly. “I guess I can tell you.” She offered.
        Mr. Opal nodded and looked at her. “Well, we have all day.”
        Veronica nodded and looked back at Mr. Opal. “So, after I was done helping Ashton grade, I began to drive home.” Veronica stated. “A few minutes after I got home, that’s when I got the call.”