Before

Veronica
November 18th 7:28 am

        I stretched lightly, making my way down the stairs. I looked up at the time and bit my lip lightly. It was my third month of my senior year and I already wanted to just sleep in and go back to summer. I went into the kitchen and rummaged through the freezer. I settled on a wildberry Toaster Strudel. I popped it into the toaster and went into the fridge. I bit my lip lightly, looking for something to drink. I settled on some iced coffee. I poured a glass and set it on the counter, returning the coffee to the fridge. I piled in a bunch of vanilla cream and sugar. I took a sip of it and smiled to myself, just as the Toaster Strudel popped out of the toaster. I set it on a plate and squirted the icing all over it. I bit into it, hot goo pouring out and almost burning my face off (I mean, not literally, but it could've happened).
        I set it down on the plate and took another drink of my iced coffee. I sighed, checking the time. Shit, I better go. I can't be late again. I finished off the rest of my Strudel and took my coffee with me. I walked out to my car and hopped in, buckling my seatbelt and starting the car. I backed out of the driveway and started heading over to school.
        I took a sip of my coffee, letting the taste simmer in my mouth for a second. God this coffee is good. It sucks life can't be like this coffee. Good in every way, shape, and form. I honestly think this coffee would be good even if I just took it black.
        I was so caught up in my coffee, I almost missed the turn into school. I found a parking space (not easy) and got out of the car, taking my coffee and backpack with me.
        I slid my phone out of my pocket and checked the screen. I was fifteen minutes early and I had one event scheduled. I slid the event over to the right and entered my passcode. I entered the school as my screen was loading. I stopped and read the screen. "Student teacher in English" was written in black letters.
        I shrugged, sliding my phone back in my pocket and took a sip of my coffee. I looked around in the halls until my eyes fell on my best friend, Aiden. I smiled to myself and walked over to her. "Hey." i smiled at her, pulling her into a hug.
        She hugged me back tight and smiled. "Hey Love." She smiled, taking my coffee out of my hands and taking a sip from it. She handed it back and smiled. "That is really good." She said, beginning to walk to class.
        I followed her and rolled my eyes sarcastically. "Sure, have the entire thing." I said, holding it out for her. She reached for it, but i quickly smacked her hand back. "I was kidding." I laughed lightly, taking another sip of my coffee.
        She laughed, stopping at her locker. "Worth a shot." She said, spinning in her locker combination. She opened her locker and got out her English notebook. "Leggo." She said, shutting her locker and following me to room 204.
        I took another sip of my coffee, walking by Aiden in the halls. I looked at her as we entered our English classroom. She was on her phone, probably texting her brother. He's in the military and he just got back home, so I couldn't blame her at all.
        "Hello ladies." A voice said from a corner in the room. I looked up at see Mr. Corwin at his desk. He looked like he was packing up his things.
        "Hey Mr. Corwin." I said, setting my stuff on my desk and biting my lip. "Isn't the student teacher suppose to be taking over today?" I asked, getting my English notebook and setting it on my desk.
        Mr. Corwin smiled at me and put his messenger bag over his shoulder. "He's running a little late. Car trouble." He said, rolling his eyes like Car trouble, doesn't that suck haha. "He'll be here in about two minutes." Mr. Corwin said, glancing up at the clock.
        I sat down as the classroom filled up. When the bell rang, the student teacher wasn't here and Mr. Corwin looked annoyed. "Okay class." He started, walking to the front of the classroom. Every student looked up at him attentively. I bit my lip, looking at the clock. I honestly couldn't wait for the student teacher to come. I didn't like the way Mr. Corwin taught. I mean, I like him as a person, just not as a teacher.
        "Our student teacher texted me." He said, waving his phone around in the air. "He's on his way here." He smiled. He looked so ready to leave. I guess I can't blame him. He is retiring after all.
        Our classroom door opened. Everyone looked back in excitement, including me. "Hello Mr. Irwin." Mr. Corwin smiled, walking towards the door. "I'll leave you to it." He said, darting for the door excitedly.
        People stood up, so I couldn't see Mr. Irwin. I'll admit, his name sounded so familiar. It reminded me of Freshman year for some reason. "Hello class." I heard Mr. Irwin beam as he stepped through the classroom.
        When he got up to the front and I could finally see his face, my jaw dropped. It was Ashton Irwin, my crush from Freshman year. I had the hugest crush on him, but he was a senior, so I knew I had no chance. I even forgot why I liked him to say the least. Mr. Irwin bit his lip lightly, scanning the class. I watched his lip, remembering why I thought he was so attractive.