\/\~5~/\/ (fin)

You nod in acknowledgment before heading back to your apartment. Caddie left a note telling you that she's going on a date, so you have the night to yourself. Taking out your burn phone you cloned from the one Steve gave your dad, you turn it over in your hand contemplatively. After mulling over the conversation with Agent Ethan Hunt, you decide to get back in the game. The question is, who will you join--the illegal Avengers or the I.M.F.?

You take a deep breath and try to figure out what to do. After all, you don't know whether or not to trust this Ethan guy. so you do what any logical person would do--hack the IMF's servers. After going through his files and the database you decide that yes, you can trust him enough to join him. It's not like you're going to tell him your whole life story or anything.

With that, you close the computer and pack the things you did when you first left, as well as the things you picked up since moving to Bayfield. After writing a note in apology to Caddie and pre-paying your half of the rent for the next month so she doesn't get kicked out, you head down to the marina like Agent Hunt instructed.

"Hey," you greet once you get back to the boat.

Ethan doesn't even look up. "Took you longer than I expected."

Surprised, you drop your bag and move to where he stands. "So, you want me to join the IMF?"

He shrugs, finally looking at you. "More join the team, although joining the organization isn't problematic. It'd be a nice addition."

You chuckle. "Ehh, it might be a bit more problematic than you'd think." Not giving him a chance to question you, you move past it quickly. "So, why ask me to join you? Why trust me?"

"Call it a gut feeling."

"Does it matter what I call it? You're part of a spy organization, it's a bit dumb to go around giving out your identity."

"Only gave it to you."

"And how do you know I didn't go around and tell everyone I know?"

"Police aren't here. Plus, you don't seem to be the type to do that. No, I have a feeling you'd be one of the people that holds it over my head to blackmail me."

His eyes and slight smile give away the teasing in it, which actually does make you laugh this time. "Actually, that's a pretty apt description." You're surprised at the easy camaraderie that you and Ethan slip into, especially this quickly on. By his expression, he seems to be the same.

You lean over his shoulder. "So. What are we looking at?"

He points to a radar screen. "That's the boat. We're doing an exchange and have a special kind of radar that detects nuclear signatures. I'm posing as the earlier buyer, who may or may not be tied up and unconscious." He points to the sack that you just now notice.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but what are you going to do with him after you're done?"

"Probably take him to jail, why?"

"Just making sure you weren't tossing him overboard or anything. I mean, I know that's not how IMF usually works, I was just checking."

He chuckles. "Yeah, as nice as it would be we aren't allowed to do that."

"Okay, so what do you need me to do?" You ask, redirecting the conversation.

"Just monitor. And be backup if I need it--I mean, you can fight, so I assume you know how to use a gun?"

You roll your eyes. "No, what do I do? Pull the trigger, then load it, or the other way around?" You respond sarcastically.

"Okay, I'll take that as a yes. So you just stay here, make sure everything goes right, and come help me if I call you. There's an extra earpiece there." Ethan points to a comms unit on the table, which you quickly affix in your ear.