Chapter 1

I see as the sun dips into the horizon through the window of my New York City apartment. I hadn't realize how late it was. I turn my attention back to the TV and focus on the ridiculous reality show that made no sense what-so-ever. I laid comfortably against the couch, as I scoffed. These shows are a waste of money, it's unbelievable that they would broadcast this on national television. I quickly grab the remote to change the channel as I hear the unlocking of the front door.

My roommate Christa smiles as she opens the door, her hands full of bags.

"Hey Frank, I brought groceries," Christa says as she puts the bags on the kitchen counter.

I smile back at her. Christa and I have been friends for quite awhile. I swear she's like a mother to me, always babying me to do things around the apartment. I tend to me lazy and avoid doing anything. My only hobby is photography, which isn't considered a professional job to most people. Even if I tried to get one of these so called 'professional jobs' I doubt they'd hire me due to the ink tattooed throughout my body. The only job I could snag was as a bartender at some nightclub. It's not a good job, but it helps pay the bills.

But back to Christa, she's a bit taller than me, as most people are. She's a smart girl with great intelligence in many subjects. In all honestly we are complete opposites, I'm bewildered as to how we are even friends. She has long brown hair that flows over her shoulders and brown eyes that captured her personality perfectly. She's pretty, don't get me wrong with a perfect smile and all. However, I've never had the slightest interest in her. She's also dating one of my best friends, so that a big no for me too.

I've been single for most of my life now that I think about it. I just never had a romantic interest in anyone. I'm just not really looking for a relationship. However, I did have a relationship in high school, but I shan't get into details. Its been a few years since I was involved romantically with anyone, as I am now 21. I'm fine with being single, it doesn't really bother me. Most couples either get too clingy or needy, and eventually things go south. One thing that does interest me, however, is sex. I've seen sex plenty of times in badly produced pornos and I've also had flings occasionally. These flings are usually women I have picked up from bars or the club I work at. But they never seem to intrigue me enough to make me want more, so I never call them back.

I nod at Christa, letting her now that I appreciate here gesture. I look back at the screen and continue to flip through the channels. I abruptly stop as the news begins there segment on the infamous Gerard Way.    I roll my eyes as I groan in frustration. WHO CARES? So what if he's rich and young? Doesn't mean I want to hear about him 24/7. I grab the remote, ready to change the channel.

Suddenly, Christa runs toward me and slaps the remote out of my hand! I wince as I pull my hand back, I glare at her.

"What are you doing! Why would you change the channel?" She asked while quickly grabbing the remote I had dropped.

"I was trying to change the channel. What the fuck man? Give me back the remote!" I demanded as I attempted to snatch it back. She quickly moves the remote out of my reach. I cross my arms in frustration.

"No I want to watch this! He's so good looking." She tilts her head and sighs to herself, the remote clenched between her hands.

I laughed, "Good looking? What the hell? You're dating my best friend Ray." I playfully shove her arm, "Wait till I tell him."

She quickly turns towards me clearly annoyed before focusing on the screen again. "Frank shut up. I'm just watching him. It's not like I could ever actually date him. Although, I girl can only dream." Christa says with a sigh, she starts to day dream as she drools over this guy.