Chapter Two

Princess Luna threw the dagger, aimed just above the top of their heads. She was always right on target, a bulls-eye. Never missed. 

     Luna throwing the weapon aggravated her mother. Lucy stood between her, and the group. Princess Luna absolutely hates being told what to do, and quickly went through her mother's legs, and toward the family with a growl on her face.

    Everyone scattered across the small den. Nature jumped out the cave window and hovered there. "Give us back our den!" Ivy roared, clearly showing her impulsiveness.

     Luna then lunged at her, and got sidestepped. When she got back up, Ivy stood there, glaring at her. "Leave my den you filthy rats of a family!" Luna sputtered.

     Nature was hovering outside the cave window, yelling at Ivy and Saphira to go with her and find a new den, Lucy was yelling at Ivy and Princess Luna to stop fighting, and Saphira, the smartest and had the most cool, just sat there watching the other kids argue, while telling her mom that she wasn't going to leave.

     After a while of arguing, Saphira asked why they couldn't share the den. When she saw nobody had heard, she then stood between Ivy and Luna, and repeated she'd said.

     The den grew quiet. Lucy was the first to agree to this. "Yes, we should share the den together."

     Princess Luna didn't object. "Fine, we get the inside, they get the outside." Lucy was annoyed of her daughter's sarcasm.

     "No. We both share the inside." She snapped.

     "But-" Luna was cut off in mid sentence by her mother.

     Lucy quickly interrupted, "No 'buts', over here. We need to talk." Her mother sounded dead serious. Princess Luna reluctantly followed Lucy, while Ivy and Saphira walked to the cave-window ledge and sat down.

     When Luna was comfortably seated, Lucy started talking. "Why are you being so rude?" Her tone was calm and severe.

     Luna sat there in silence before replying, "It's the demon inside me... She's taking over." Princess Luna's voice was shaky, and broken, and not her normal, confident tone.

     "Well why can't we share with this poor family? They've got nowhere to stay." Lucy's voice level and tone was no different than last time.

     This time, Princess Luna was able to answer faster. "We're different breeds mom. We are Demon dragons, they're Earth dragons." She'd answered while watching Ivy, as she let a green snake wrap around her talon.

     "Well, they are staying, and that is final." With her sentence complete, Lucy stood up and walked over to the kids and their mother. "We are sharing the den." Behind her back, Luna was throwing her newly made daggers at the wall.

     Ivy and Saphira looked at each other and smiled before jumping down. Nature then declared that from then on, she disowned them, before flying off, into the sunrise.

            ~-----------------------------------------------------------------------~     

     When everyone was ready for bed, Saphira went outside to the rock made balcony, and sat down. A few minutes later, Princess Luna came out, not noticing her, and layed down.

     Lucy was right behind her, and asked what she was doing. Luna replied, "I don't want to sleep inside with those young dragons."

     This only made Lucy roll her eyes. "Okay, but you kids are the same age."

     Princess Luna glares at her mother and stated, "we're different breeds if you forgot. If you don't mind, I am going to sleep." 

     After hearing that conversation, Saphira went back in, and fell asleep by her sister's side.

             ~-----------------------------------------------------------------------~

     The next morning, Saphira woke up to find that Ivy was already up. She then gently heaved herself up, and walked out to the balcony to find her sister staring at the magic tree. "Hey, Ivy." She said.

     "Hi," Ivy replied lazily, still staring at the tree.

     Saphira sighed, and sat down beside her younger sister. They sat in silence until Saphira spoke up and asked, "what are you doing?"

     Her sister sat there a moment before turning to face her. "Nothing." Ivy then got up, and walked inside, leaving behind a puzzled Saphira.