Four

I washed the blood from my face again and then took a moment to breathe. Then leaving the room, I jumped back when a man came through the bedroom door with a cart.

"Miss, I've brought you your meal." A man, tall with dark hair and red eyes looked me up and down quickly as he passed through the door. He was young, like a teenager. His skin was pale, no black veins. He was quite beautiful actually.

"Uh, do you know if the, uh, devil will return?" I asked.

The man busied himself with pouring something into a cup as he spoke, "The master is a bit caught up in his duties. He has said that you will retire here for the night."

I bit my lip and looked at the floor. I had to stay here for the night? That would be a first. Spending the night in hell.

"When you are finished with your meal, just leave the cart by the door. I will pick it up for you." He stood straight and looked at me.

I put on a smile and nodded, "Thanks," I said. With that, he bowed, actually bowed, and walked out.

I sat down and an on the and cupped my face. Alright, so let me recap this. I was kidnapped by demons, I'm in hell, the Devil was technically going to kill me but is letting me go, I'm the grim reaper, and now what? I'm being waited on by demons?

This was crazy.

My stomach growled as the aroma of food filled my senses. Okay, fuck the situation I'm in now. The devil was right about one thing, food was important.

In a dream, I heard a voice. It was low and soft, calming even. I

opened my eyes to pure darkness. When I tried to sit up, I was

restrained down, pushed back down.

"Who's there?" I questioned.

A rush of heat ran over me slowly. I closed my eyes again and

gasped. I was always so cold, anemic even. This was like laying

in a hot tub of water.

"When will you wake up?" The voice whispered.

I tried sitting up again but was pushed back down.

"Why won't you let me sit up?" I was getting frustrated.

There was silence, then pressure all across me, like something

laying on me.

"Because then you'll see things you should never have to see."

I gasped and my eyes shot open. It took me a moment to process reality, then I sat up. The room was still fairly dark, but I could see through dim candle light.

I gasped and jumped again when I saw the Devil sitting in the spec hair near the bar, his eyes intently posted upon me.

"Geez," I placed my hand on my heart, "how long have you been there?"

The Devil was slouched in his chair, much different from the stiff actions he gave off earlier.

His coat was off, his tie gone, now he appeared in a black, collared shirt, the top buttons undone.

"A while. You were asleep when I arrived." He stated.

I sat up and looked around. To come to think of it, there were no windows at all. Were we underground?

"Did you sleep?" I asked.

He let out a small huff, like a laugh, "Yes I did. Did you sleep well?"

His words threw me off. So caring for the devil.

"Yeah," I smirked, "this bed is really comfortable. I need one of these."

Suddenly, the Devil stood, making me jump a little again. He walked over to the front of the bed, his eyes pinned on me the whole time. His hands grabbed each post at the end of the bed and he leaned forward. "We better get going. It's getting late."

I frowned. "What time is it?" I asked.

He tilted his head to the side a little, "Daytime." He stated.

I nodded. He then stepped back and turned.

"Wait."

He stopped at the door, his head turning to the side but not to me.

"Whats your actual name?" I questioned.

He then did completely turn to me, a slight grin on his face.

"I have many names," he stated, "it all depends on the person. You can call me whatever you'd like."

I bit my lip. Okay, I guess that's true. Things like asshole and nefarious came to mind, but hey, he's been nice so far. I guess I can't judge a book by its cover.

"Anything?" I asked.

He nodded, "Anything."

I nodded back, what should I call him? Let's see, names I like...

"What about Gerard?" I asked.

He grinned wider and nodded, "Seals the deal."