Eight

I opened the door to the bathroom, ready to clean up and hopefully get answers from the pest still in bed... naked... I was utterly floored by what I saw in the bathroom. Blood. Everywhere. Splattered across the walls, the ceiling, in the cracks between the tiled floor. I gasped and quickly shut the door. Okay, now I'm truly concerned for my saftey.

He's the devil, of course I should be.

I turned, still holding onto the door knob, and I raised an eyebrow. He was intensly watching me from beneath the sheets of the bed that came up to his nose. I almost wanted to laugh, a grown man, a supreme demon, hiding under the sheets of a bed like a child.

"Well?" I questioned like a scorning parent.

He blinked and looked away, taking a deep breath. I watched him formulate his answer, and I was curious of the truth. "They will not hurt you anymore." Was all he said.

What? I thought about his answer. Oh...OH, so that mess in there was them? The people who had attacked us earlier? Bile rose in my throat and I had the urge to run.

I looked at him and slowly slid down the door. Once I hit the floor I cradled my face, God what had I gotten into?

I jumped when Gerard finally sat up. "We need to leave." He stood and I quickly covered my eyes. No matter how tempting it was to see him naked, I wouldn't...couldn't handle it.

Five minutes later, I presume, Gerard was standing in front of me, fully clothed in a suit, and tossed some clothes on my head. "Hurry, we need to leave."

I stood up and started putting on the clothing, "But what about the bathroom?" I slid the shirt over my head and started putting on shoes he had placed on the bed.

"Do not worry about it. I have people that will come and clean it up after we are gone." He began to pace the room making me nervous.

"Okay, I'm ready."

As we left the hotel room, worry struck me hard. Where would we go? I think I wouldn't have minded staying in a hotel room with him a little longer. I looked at him as we walked side by side. He was different from ten minutes ago. He was boyish, humorous even, when we were in the room, now he had that stern, blank stare.

I tried to keep up with his pace, nearly running to catch up with him. The man can walk. When we hit the doors of the hotel, I realized that we weren't in Hell, we were on Earth. In the real world. I don't know exactly where but it was a city, not really as big as New York though.

"Hey," Gerard yanked my wrist and I almost fell backwards, realizing he had stopped walking.

I collected myself and turned to him. He was looking everywhere but at me, and I saw a flicker of emotion in his eyes. Worry maybe?

He was so human to come to think of it. He looked like a regular man, except extremely gorgeous and flawless. His long black hair was pushed behind his ears, falling just above his shoulders. I couldn't help but notice his red eyes again. There were people everywhere, and his eyes, couldn't they see them? One would mistake them for contacts but with a closer look, they were too real for that.

"Come," he said, taking my hand and walking across the street. I would've began to swoon over it but I was tossed into a taxi too quickly.

"Where to?" The driver had a very Jersey accent.

"The airport," Gerard snapped as he got in and closed the door.

The airport? I mean I guess that's the quickest way to get home but I'm not sure if flying on a plane was the safest route when we were being hunted down.

"Relax," Gerard said after we began to drive, "I will never let them hurt you, I promise."

I looked up at him and felt a wave of emotion pass through me. I felt like I knew him, like I've been with him my whole life, yet we just met. I also felt that this was the beginning of something grand, like we would be together for a long time. As bad as it was to admit, I hoped we would.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
FINALLY GOT ANOTHER CHAPTER UP!
I'm so sorry I suck at updating because I also hate when people don't update t.t I hope you guys enjoy this small chapter. What do you think is going to happen next?
Also Happy Holidays!