{27} 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

thomas the tank engine
:)

mace face
finee you were right
posting the video wasnt that bad

thomas the tank engine
:D

mace face
also
i was thinking
were leaving for prague tomorrow
and i was wondering
if you wanted to go out before we leave tomorrow?

thomas the tank engine
uh
sure :)

mace face
meet you outside in 10 minutes?

thomas the tank engine
meet me outside in 5 minutes :)

~

maisie smiled and changed into something nicer than sweatpants and an old shirt, and she picked up her small clutch bag and brushed her hair. she pulled on one of her favorite green puffy jackets and pulled the hood on, making her way down to the lobby where tom was there waiting.

"h-hey," she awkwardly waved at him.

tom took a deep breath. "you look really- really nice."

"and therefore i have value?" she teased.

"no that's- that's not what i meant i-"

she smiled and giggled. "i'm messing with you. you look- nice, too." her cheeks reddened.

"oh, cool," he laughed. "so um, where do you wanna go?"

"well, i was thinking you pick...?"

"uh, there's this restaurant that i heard is really nice. serves good pasta and other italian stuff..." he looked down bashfully, and maisie could see that he was nervous.

"sure, let's go."

he smiled and took her hand, shocking her slightly. she sucked in her breath and they walked all the way to the restaurant he was talking about.

they tried to hide from most of the paparazzis, but one of them managed to get close to them so maisie didn't think much of it and just waved.

they finally made it to the restaurant, and took a seat in the corner.

"so, um," maisie twiddled her thumbs. "i- i wanted to talk to you about something..."

he looked up from his menu. "sure, what's up?"

"i was t-thinking of, um, releasing some of my songs..." she tucked her hair behind her ear. "and i wanted to ask you if you could maybe give it a listen?"

"oh, sure!" she handed him her phone and her earbuds, and he smiled as he pressed play.

headfirst, i dive
won't wait for time
we're living for tonight

you
give me a reason
to
feel what I feel
when everything is under attack,
you got my heart, I don't want it back

you
might be the answer
to
all of my fears
when everything is under attack
you got my heart, I don't want it back.

the recording was poor quality, but her voice made up for it.

"tom? what did you think?"

he snapped out of his daze. "oh, well... it- it was amazing."

"you really think so? i mean the production would suck, since i usually record music in a closet with my earphone's mic and-"

"hey." he looked her in the eyes. "i'm not talking about the production, mace."

she blushed and pulled her sleeves over her fingers. "th-thanks, i didn't actually think you'd like it."

"are you kidding?" he laughed. "it's great, maisie. i think you should release it."

the corners of her mouth curled up, and she was filled with a warm feeling. "there's still a couple more songs, so i might release an album if i can."

"how long have you been writing songs?"

"since... 2015."

"really?" he was in shock since he had never heard her sing until the night before.

"y-yeah, things got rough when i turned 16."

"like?"

she looked down at her knees, nervously bouncing her legs up and down. "well, i started attending university, but shortly after the homecoming premiere, i dropped out. my love life wasn't exactly successful either..."

"wait, what course did you take? and why'd you drop out?"

"music production. and i dropped out because-" she sniffed and her vision blurred. "fuck, i'm sorry."

"hey, it's okay." he held her hands in his from across the table. he knew he had to be patient with her since she got anxious easily.

"i dropped out because of my boyfriend. he was always doing stupid shit and i always had to clean up after him. he always used to say that- that i was stupid and i was a mess, and that i couldn't do anything good, and-" she gulped, wiping her tears with her sleeves. "and it was horrible. to the point where i got suicidal and couldn't go on living with him. i couldn't break up with him since- since he threatened to hurt my family and- i just- i couldn't."

tom absolutely hated seeing maisie break down like this. but he really wanted to know more about her, since listening to her made him realize that he's barely scratched the surface of her story.

"how did you manage to break up with him?"

"i didn't. he was found unconscious in our apartment after a fatal overdose. after he was treated, he was arrested for domestic abuse and possession of drugs. i was so relieved."

"man, i'm so sorry."

"it's alright. songwriting was my way of coping with everything going on in life. when i was a kid, i sang for fun. now that i'm older, i sing to survive. to keep going on."

he squeezed her hands lightly, and her frown turned into a small smile. they both at in a silence that said a thousand words, and looked at each other in a way that friends wouldn't. maisie pulled her hands away and her gaze drifted to the menu in front of her. "c'mon. let's order something."

and that was the end of it, the two spent the night laughing and trying to eat pasta.

❣️liked by tomholland2013, zendaya, and 2,912,003 othersmaisieharlow when everything is under attack, you got my heart i dont want it back

maisieharlow when everything is under attack, you got my heart i dont want it back

user5 guys is she quoting a song? if so i wanna know i cant find it anywhere

> maisieharlow you cant find it because its not out yet ;)

~

—— ❦ ——

heres some smooshy back story/ fluff stuff <3

~ zia

xoxo