Chapter 5

//Zak's POV\\

I went to school the next day and met up with my friends at lunch. 

"Ayo we saw you holding hands with that piss baby Darryl on the way home from school" said my friend Jack

"Yeah the fuck was that?" Said my friend Adan

"I wasn't doing that what?!" I said, trying to sound nonchalant 

"Dude are you gay?" Said Adan

"Wtf ew no and with Darryl? I hate the bit- guy" I felt bad calling Darryl a bitch, knowing he hated language words

"Then show you ain't" said Jack "Next time you see him, punch him. Come chill with us after school unless you pussy out"

"Kendrik is gonna be hanging with us... you know how he talks. if you blow this, you blow your rep" said Adan

"Addy, J, fuck off. I'm not punching Darryl for no reason" I said

"There's a reason. Punch him or you out of the group." Said Adan

"No you asses" I said

"..fag" muttered Jack under his breath

"Ha" laughed Adan

We finished our classes and walked out of school. I went to Adan and grabbed Jack. We walked through the halls when I spotted Darryl looking at me. He was smiling but quickly looked away realizing I was with my friends and they could see him. He had a really pretty smile. I walked up next to him and fucked up that smile. I slammed my fist into his jaw, and he fell to the ground in pain. I'd never thrown such a hard punch. I usually never punched Darryl. I didn't know what got into me, but Adan and Jack were high fiving. I walked next to them and half listened to them congratulate me. Suddenly Jack was stopped by a girl and they chatted while everybody exited the school. We were nearly the last ones out.

"Aye I gotta go to the bathroom don't wait up" I said, turning on my heels

I walked down the hall until they left, and then I ran. I ran to where I'd left Darryl, but he wasn't there. I ran to the bathrooms and checked every stall. Finally I found him curled up in the corner of the last cubicle. He looked up at me, his jaw bleeding like crazy.

//Darryl's POV\\

The bleeding had almost come to a halt, but the pain was worse then ever.

"What the f~" I to say, but the words wouldn't escape my mouth.

I shivered in pain, tears blurring my vision.

"Holy shit how hard did I punch you" said Zak in shock

I stood up and showed him my white hoodie covered in blood. "Pretty fucking hard"

"Holy shit Darryl I-"

"Why?" I asked, holding back my anger "I thought we got along. I thought there was something between us... I guess it's all just a popularity contest to you. I should have never asked to be friends. If I didn't I wouldn't be so hurt. Physically and mentally hurt. But I guess it's just a game to you. You're just a straight boy toying with my emotions. Well I've had enough people toy with my emotions. My parents, my sister, my friends... and I'm done. I'm tired of it. I'm done with abusive relationships. I'm a straight A student. I can get into any college I want. I don't need friends. I don't need family. I don't need anything but my brain and my hands. All I do is think and write. It's all I need to do." I then popped a few anxiety pills into my mouth before continuing. "I thought you were nice. I mean you're cute. You're funny. You make me feel like my life has meaning. I've never had anyone calm me down from a panic attack like you did. I felt safe around you. Not anymore." 

I grabbed my back and brushed past him but he jumped in front of the door.

"They called me a fag. They threatened to kick me out of the friend group unless I punched you. I thought gay was gross, but I'm realizing it's just who I am." Said Zak, looking into my eyes

"You're ...gay?" I said, wiping the blood from my mouth

"Yeah" said Zak

"..prove it"

Without hesitation he leaned into me and pressed his lips to mine. I felt my heart beat faster as he put his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. Every curve of his body fit every curve of mine. We fit together like puzzle pieces. His lips were soft as clouds and delicate as a butterfly. Finally we broke apart.

"I think I'm gay too" I muttered

He smiled and grabbed my arm. "C'mon. Let's get home and I'll fix you up."

We skipped out of school hand in hand. We ran to my house and fell into the cinema chairs. I quickly booted up Minecraft and we played for a few hours.

(This was a wordy ass chapter and full of drama. I hope that's a good thing. Anyways... this is 182 in Skephalo?!?! Excuse me?!?! We're almost at 100 views!!!! How? Well... Thank you I guess?!?!?! I'm in shock. I didn't expect people to see this. A!!💙🖤🤍❤️)