Deal? Deal

I love you so I'll wait

Maybe today we are not meant to be together,

But in future we will each other's forever.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°♡°°°°°°°°°°°°°

MEHRA MANSION

DELHI.

Ruh's POV:

Doll! That is how I am looking right now. A fake doll with tons of make up. Why? Because I have to look presentable infront of those whom I don't even know. Pheww!!
This green saree is a great work to carry which I am not interested to do but have to.
"Ruh, are you do-", my mother stopped at my room entrance and started analysing me from head to toe.
"Yeah maa. I am done.", I was least interested in doing all this but have to. Why? No answer.
"Oh my little baby girl you are so feminine. So, so beautiful.", My mother gushed excitedly.
"Come, come. Malhotras are here." Saying so my mother left me alone to welcome them.
Nivi helped me to carry me saree downstairs. She was looking amazing in her pink off-shoulder dress. I reached in the living room with Nivi trailing behind me. My head was hung a little low( just to show that I am shy. What a joke!). I raised my eyes a little and can see 4 pairs of legs sitting on sofa- Oh! 3men and a woman.

"See Veer, she is looking so beautiful. Come here dear, sit with us.", that woman said and shifted a little creating space for me to sit beside her. I being a great actor obliged to her like an innocent child and sat beside her. As I sat I could feel someone stiffen beside me.

Maybe he is the boy chosen for me by my Om Prakash. With that thought I shrugged as it was no big thing for me.

"I think Ruh and Rohan should talk alone so that they can know each other in a little better way. What do you think Mehra ji?", someone from beside his mother said, maybe his father.

"Ah, yes, why not. Ruh show Rohan our garden."

'Show Rohan our garden.' My foot, I mimicked my father and stood up and someone from beside our sofa stood up. WAIT! Isn't the boy sitting beside me is Rohan!? Someone from beside me cleared his throat so I lifted my eyes a little to see who was sitting beside me. That stupid stranger was there. From the corner of my eyes I saw my brother fuming. Uh-ooh!

I lead that Rohan boy with me to the garden. I was even unable to step out when he said something that stopped my steps-

"I don't want this marriage."

I lifted my head to see Rohan standing with all serious expression. Is he kidding?

"No, I am not."

Did I just spoke out loud?

"Yes, you did."

"But why?", finally I found my voice.

"Because I am not ready for any sort of commitments this early. And anyways I don't like you."

That fucker just said that-

"No no it's not like you are not beautiful or anything. It's just that I like someone else. So", he left the sentence trailing.

"Oh, good enough for me. Even I was not ready for any marriage or something like this. I was just forced by my grandfather. That's it."

"Even I was being forced by my parents. It's good that we have mutual thoughts but I don't want to hurt my parents' feelings so I can't even say straightaway no."

"I understand it. So we will just roam around casually for few minutes then we'll head inside and can say that we want some more time to understand each other. What say?"' I replied understanding his problem. 

"Yeah, it sounds good. We can go on any friendly date and they will think that we are comfortable enough. Then after 2-3 dates we will cook some story and feed them as to why we can't be together."

"Good. So, we can friends.", I said raising my hands to shake with his. He took my hands and said-

"Deal?"

"Deal."

We started roaming in silence when he broke it.

"Ruh, what you do? As in studying or doing any job?"

"Job. I am an IAS.", I replied smiling proudly at myself.

"Oh, that's great. Just, just amazing.", he was left amazed by answer. Huhh, he would have never expected this. I smirked at his reply.

"Ruh Rohan, come inside."

"Yes maa, coming.", I relied to my mother then gestured Rohan to walk inside with me. We were almost in when I remembered something-

"Rohan, can I ask you something?"

"Yes sure."

"Who is that another boy?"

"Oh, he is Abhimaan, my childhood best- friend. Why?"

"Uh nothing, just curious.", I said feigning smile.

We reached inside and my eyes casually went towards Nivi who was sitting beside my brother when I saw her eyes. I can surely say something is going on in her head. She has expressive eyes. I moved forward and sat beside my father.

"So Ruh Rohan what you guys decided?", his mother asked us. I glanced towards Rohan who nodded his head in understanding.

"Mom actually we want some time to understand each other and get comfortable with each other."

"Ah, sure. You guys can take as much time you want. We don't have any problem. What do you think Om Prakash ji?", his father replied.

I simply glared towards him which made him say what I wanted him to- "Of course. We don't have any problem."' he said glancing towards me. I nodded in acceptance.

"Ok then we will take your leave. Good night.", with that said everyone left. But I did notice that Abhimaan was staring at me like a creep the whole time they were here. Odd!

As soon as they left I glanced towards my brother who was all red.

"Sharky what happened? It was that airport boy. Right? Is it because of him that you are so angry?"

"Hmm. But anyways I am cool that he was here because he is not the boy that you will marry. So I have no problem.", he said smiling genuinely. I too smiled and we all bidded good night to each other before dispersing in our rooms.

"Nivi what happened? What is going on in that small brain of yours?", I asked as soon as we entered her room after changing into my night dress.

She got startled by my sudden question.

"Ah, huh, no-nothing. Why?"

"No problem if you don't want to tell me right away. I will be all ears whenever you will want me.", I said well aware of the fact that she is not sure about what she is hiding.

"Thank you Ruh. You understand me so well.", she enveloped me in a hug. I too hugged her back.

"Good night Nivi."

"Good night Ruh."

With that I left to my room. Yes, Nivi lives with us. She is an orphan. We met in the boarding school where I went to stay away from my past. Due to her kind nature and good attitude we became bffs in no time. When we got over with our school days we decided that Nivi will live with us in Delhi and pursue her further studies. Oh and I forgot to mention, she is a fashion designer. So most of my clothes are designed by her. Although I am not a big fan of dresses but I am her bff so I have to see that she does not get upset because of me.

I don't now what but my guts said that something will not be good tomorrow. I shrugged that thought and fell into dreamless slumber.

________________________________________________________

How was today's chapter?

What do you think what will happen tomorrow?

Something good or bad?