Page 11

POV Alexandra

The day after found us in the bed eating breakfast.

- Love your tattoo.

Lucas said.

- It is a phoenix.

I stated.

- I know. Do you want to tell me more about it?

Lucas asked me.

- I am a phoenix. (I positioned by body in a way so he can have a clear view of what I am talking about. My tattoo had covered a big part of my left torso.)This is our spirit and soul... My body is just a vessel. Every 500 years or more, our body dies and burns. But we obtain new life by arising from the ashes. (My tattoo had red and orange colors. The head was rested on my chest, above my left breast and its wings were wrapped around me, one rested at my back up to my neck and the other had covered partly my chest and stomach.)

- It is beautiful. You are beautiful. I figured that you were a Phoenix, but I did not know much about it. I thought you were a myth.

-We are rare. We have special powers and that brings great danger even though we are supposed to be immortal.

- I am here for you. Always. No matter what. You do not have to say anything. 

He said when we saw me being unease. 

- I just want you to know that you can count on me, he continued.

I slowly nodded and he gave me a soft kiss.

✦ —• 

POV Lucas

- It is your turn to tell me about you and the artifact.

- I know. I will. Can we go for a walk?

If she was surprised by my request, she did not show it.

I had a secret garden in the mansion, which had another secret path leading to a forest nearby.

It was secluded by tall trees away from prying eyes. At the end of the path there was a small lake.

- This is my private paradise.

- It is wonderful here. Nobody knows?

- You are the first I am bringing here.

- Is so important what you are about to tell me?

- I guess you will be the judge of it.

Lucas took a neutral, emotionless face staring at the lake and started to narrate his story.

- When my father was the Alpha, he was cursed by a witch for a great sorrow. The only thing my father wanted most in the world was a heir. The only way for him to feel shuttered was to lose his first born. The witch knew it. What nobody knew, at the time, was that my mother would be carrying twins.

The curse took away my sister and the curse was somehow transferred to me. I am the cursed Alpha.

I have a wolf and a kitsune inside me. I can only shift to my wolf, Axel. Lily is quite mischievous and both Axel and I are trying to suppress her, which it is not easy and she does not like it at all.

Before you ask any question, let me explain...

Kitsune is usually female spirit as the one processes it. They can take forms of other people and trick people's mind.

Somehow it seems I took over my sister's power; meaning that a piece of her lives with me.

I did not take seriously the curse. I mean I was alive and I had a wolf and a fox. Having them both inside your head it is not as easy as someone might think. It took me years to manage how to handle them before they rip me apart from the inside out or lose my mind.

After a certain age, I started having black outs. There were several times that I would find myself gathered in blood without knowing where I am or how I got there.

I still do not have any memory of what happens when I blacked out. I was shocked.

I built this mansion and the compound, so I can be secluded by guards.

- Who knows about it?

My mother, Phillip, Ezra and now you.

The last few years I was searching for someone who could help me with but nobody could.

Out of the blue and when I was completely desperate, I found her. No! 'She' found me.

- The witch?

- Yes. She was dying. She was sorry for the curse but she could not reverse it, but according to her, I could break it. She said that I had a darkness inside me. I asked her if it was Lilly. She is a dark spirit after all. She never answered me. She said that the only way to break the curse was to find the Sun's most precious jewel and then she passed away.

- So the artifact you want is?

- A special artifact that according to the ancient scripts belonged to Ra. Ra was the primary name of the sun god of Ancient Egypt. According to the myth a powerful witch hid it in the lake of sorrow. This artifact is actually my last chance.

There was deadly silence. She was trying to absorb what I had shared with her..

A twin sister?

Cursed by witch?

Kitsune?

- What is your worst fear?

She asked my suddenly.

- Losing control. Losing my soul.

I replied honestly.

✦ —•