Page 25

POV Alexandra

Later on, we were following a battler into an extremely long hallway...

- That was close. What hour is it? Shall we get in touch with the team and your pack?

Cayden asked.

- I communicated with Ezra. They had already left. It seems that there is magic over this palace. It is been a day already passed away. The sun soon will rise.

- So, we will eat breakfast.

I tried to lighten up the atmosphere.

- Alexandra, it is really not the time to crack jokes.

Cayden opposed to my attempts.

- And what do you want me to do Cayden? We are inside a magic Kingdom looking for King whose daughter I burned and his son was offended by you. Not to mentioned that both of them hate Lucas. There is no happy ending here, ok? 

Lucas grabbed my arms and stopped me.

- First of all, we are not going to die. Give me some credit. Secondly, the sun will rise not set. Even even if he denies the safe passage, we have many chances to get out alive.

With that being said he continue walking and we followed behind him.

- For once I will agree with the lover boy...

Cayden agreed with Lucas?

I could not understand why I was feeling so angry all of a sudden. I was scared so much about these fools and I was rarely scared. When you know that even if you die you will reborn the death has another meaning for you. I was frustrated so never understood why I said what I was about to say next.

- I should have let you both with that slut.

I huffed.

Cayden did not understand but Lucas did. Because he once again grabbed me from the hand to stopped me and pressed me into the wall.

- You knew.

- What?

- You were not under her control. You knew what was going on and you ... he pressed his lips hard before he continue... you kissed him. You let him touch you.

He was beyond angry. I could see pain in his eyes and I felt bad.

- Lucas.. I said calmly trying to touch his cheek but he painfully grabbed my wrist to prevent me from doing it and a small cry came out of my mouth. Cayden shouted at Lucas and dragged him away from me.

They were about to punched each other.

- Lucas is not what you think.

If looks could kill, I would be dead right now.

- Save your excuses.

He blustered.

I did not manage to say anything because soon after we entered the huge dining room. There was a long table in the middle of the room and at the top of the table was sitting the king. He was not what I was expecting. If I had a grandpa he was going to look like him, but I knew the image can be deceiving. He was smiling but his smile was not creepy like his son's. It seems genuine if that could be true. He made a signal to sit. We bowed following Lucas example and sat on the table.

- Welcome! 

He welcomed us in a soft tone.

Was not supposed the Kings to be arrogant and loud?

- Lucas how are you? How is your family?

- They are fine. They send their regards.

He was being laconic.