Page 26

Dom Dominic had kept his promise. We were provided with food and shelter for a few hours.

I needed time to think, so walk away from all of them and sat at a bench. Lucas was still angry with me , so he never came closer and Cayden who could always understand my wish to be alone kept his distance and let me be in peace.

My thoughts were on what Dom Dominic had said about the deal and the witches and of course,  on Cayden's and Lucas' feelings. I did not want to hurt their feelings. Me and Cayden in a relationship would be wrong. I was not the right woman for him. Besides my feelings for Lucas were strong. But I was not sure if I was ready to be his mate. Being someone's mate meant a commitment, which I had never imagined.

Before the sun goes down, we left the palace and we went deep into the forest following the long path in order to find the temple. I had set Phoenix free once again flying above our heads to lead us the way.

I was lost so deep in my thoughts that I never understood when we fell into a trap until I felt an excruciating pain on my shoulder and everything went black...

✦ —• 

POV Lucas

I felt that something was off the moment we left the kingdom behind us, but I was too angry to pay attention to my surroundings and was the reason behind my incompetence to predict what was about to happen next, for which I would never forgive myself.

I heard Alexandra's scream and I was just in time to catch her before she fainted. I saw a big wound covering her shoulder. I searched for Phoenix but I could not see anything in the sky.

I screamed to my people 'Trap'. And the next thing I knew was chaos. Panic prevailed, resulting to chaos.  An invisible enemy was killing my men. One by one I saw them meet the ground. Witches! I heard Cayden scream. I left Alexandra near a tree. I gave Ezra and Phillip an order to protect her with their lives and run towards the battle. Axel took over. 

We managed to kill a few of them but how to kill something you cannot truly see? They were more than us. I was surrounding by lifeless bodies and blood. I needed to find Alexa! That was my one and only thought.

Before I was able to move, I smelled something in the air and froze. I saw Christopher and a few more vampires holding the rest of the witches by their throats.

- Christopher what are you doing here?

I said in surprise. 

- Saving your ass. Is not it obvious?

He sneered.

- Did you know? 

I asked angrily. What was his plan?

- Dad sent me like I do not have any better things to do. He was kind enough to inform me that he had a deal with your girlfriend and I should make sure you both made it alive until the temple.

He said in annoyance.

- What deal? 

I reacted abrasively.

The sneaky bastard. I knew he had a plan. I thought to myself.

- Well I am not the right person to ask that right? You are save and I am not your babysitter. So I will go now.

He announced.

- Wait! Where is she?

I asked in a despair.

- She is gone Lucas. They took her.

I heard a voice saying.

- Well bye bye!

Christopher said.

- No! You cannot leave.

I told him.

- Why is that?

He said irritated.

- Your father's order. Both of us need to made it alive until the temple.

I explained with a feeling of placidity I was not feeling.

- Fiiiiine! Theodor, Mary and John will help you get her back. I will leave now and to treat my self I will take these witches with me.

And with that being said he vanished with his follower-vampires holding the witches.

What just happened?

- We need to find her. Get ready. 

I gave an order.

✦ —•